Popular Tags: [View All]
Sangchol Shin
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the 2p variant by fubar awol here in variant section.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/81202

I can't figure out the auction phase clearly. It says..

When a player selects a role, place two markers on the “role selection” track one in his color and the other one grey. The grey markers will remain in place until the end of the following bidding round as a reminder that those roles cannot be selected by either player.

In the second round, do they have to select any role? if so, how many?? one in own color and another one in grey?? The previous grey markers still remain in place.
Do i have to remove the grey markers as soon as the 2nd round auction is done?

In a third round, do players select 2 roles each again as 1st round?

Anybody tried this rule??

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Friend...

The "gray marker placement and removal" is just a tool to help you remember which roles were selected on the previous turn... and therefore are not eligible for selection during the current turn.

The actual rule is contained in the two preceding sentences:

Quote:
If a role is selected in a given turn, then it is not available for selection in the very next turn. Therefore, if a role is selected at every opportunity it will only be available every other turn.

Example: on turn 1, player A (black) selects "Urbanization" and player B (red) selects "Engineer". Therefore, on turn 2, neither of these roles may be selected by either player. So, when you place the red and black markers on the selected roles on turn 1, you also place a gray marker. At the beginning of the role selection phase on the next turn, you remove the colored markers, leaving the two gray markers in place. Neither of these two roles can be selected on turn 2. After the auction is over and two new roles have been selected, remove the gray markers from "Engineer" and "Urbanization". These roles will be available for selection on turn 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re reading you post - I think I see the source of your confusion...

Each player selects only ONE ROLE PER TURN just like in a normal multi-player game of Age of Steam. There is only one "round" of auctioning each game turn. I just went back and changed the phrasing to read:

Quote:
The grey markers will remain in place until the end of the next turn's bidding round as a reminder that those roles cannot be selected by either player.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sangchol Shin
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading your reply, suddenly everything is clear to me!!

I can't wait to try this 2 p variant!!

Thank you so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.