BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: need help for id on an old vending machine...... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjaninjaninja

I'm running out of info and I am trying to find a picture of a vending machine. It would be from the US during the 70's or 80's.

It sold among other items, a dog that blew smoke rings. (ahh product safety rules) you lit a small cig and then the dog would blow smoke rings. It had other products in that realm as well. I know this is not much to go on but this is Chit Chat, nothing is impossible here right?

I need it for a research project (the machine not the dog). The dog is a fairly common gag item and is easy to find.

thanks in advancerobot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea. I remember the smoking monkeys from when I was a kid though

http://youtu.be/0tnbfx9Mb7c
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
mutton javelin1 wrote:
... but this is Chit Chat, nothing is impossible here right?

It is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
It's not 'Chit Chat', sorry. I once posted a msg to this same 'Chit Chat', to a friend girl of mine, and was 'warned' by an admin about how inappropriate my post on 'ladies and gaming' is (similar named forum?). I've tried to learn to look at which 'forum' a post is in since, but never really sure. I don't really know what all these forums mean, really.

This is not your 'Chit Chat'! Just so you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the General Gaming forum to the Chit Chat forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
calandale wrote:
mutton javelin1 wrote:
... but this is Chit Chat, nothing is impossible here right?

It is?

Many things are possible in Chit Chat, but this isn't Zombo.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need more info!

Was it one of those plastic egg dispesers? Or was it one like a cigarette machine where you pulled a knob and they slid out?

Or was it something else entirely?

There are a LOT of different vending machines out there.... just trying to whittle it down a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie

it was not a mystery egg type machine. you could actually choose the item you wanted. Not sure if it was a pull knob or button.....

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
If it helps you any, I remember what you're talking about, these gag novelty vending machines. I remember seeing them in the downtown Woolworth's in the late 70's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Elliott
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
There was one of these at town line lanes in saugus, MA back in the 80's. It had the smoking dog, a guillotine style finger chopper, those boats that used alka-selter tablets to propel them, and possibly a frog or something that hopped via a squeeze bulb.

The machine I used give a random item in a white cardboard box with red writing on it. I know it was random because I collected about 15 of those finger guillotines in hopes of getting new stuff.

I wish I could help with links or photos, I was searching for more info on these machines myself when I came across this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.