United Kingdom
Beverley
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Bunch of stuff
badge
Other bunch of stuff
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this quite a while back (with a total of 5 players) and introduced it as 'A game with no rules. If I don't say you can't do it when I show you the rules, you can do it.'

I then explained the rules and a very backstabby game took place which was great fun. Assassinations aplenty, quite a few coups, lots of dealing and broken alliances.

The at the end of the game we totted up the money in the bank accoutns to find that Sue (who had played badly, had clearly not got much money out of her dealings) had won.

She then confessed that when the rest of us were out of the room discussing deals (in two pairs) she simply made off with most of the money from the stack.

Fair play, really, and quite in keeping with the spirit of the game...

Wouldn't like it to happen again, but that's OK- we now won't leave anyone alone with the money!

Tomba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the game ended prematurely as well...

The rules in my edition make it quite clear you can't cheat (although you can lie to the other players, betray them, etc).
But that they have to put a 'No Cheating' rule in there at all suggests something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacGilleEathain
United States
Clinton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha-ha! Is the clever lass, Sue, married? If not, I would like to propose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hawkins
United States
New Knoxville
Ohio
flag msg tools
HAHA!

I don't see it anywhere else, so I'll add it here. This is a house rule we use in my group. It's quite appropriate for a bunch of third-world despots to be paranoid about their "stash." While stealing from the deck is never allowed, stealing from other players is quite permitted... even encouraged. devil If you want it safe, put it in the swiss bank account...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
This user is a professional crastinator
badge
This user is a professional crastinator
mbmbmbmbmb
damnedogre wrote:
HAHA!

I don't see it anywhere else, so I'll add it here. This is a house rule we use in my group. It's quite appropriate for a bunch of third-world despots to be paranoid about their "stash." While stealing from the deck is never allowed, stealing from other players is quite permitted... even encouraged. devil If you want it safe, put it in the swiss bank account...

I'd second that!
Money from the foreign aid deck and money in the Swiss bank account are taboo, but cash from the "pockets" of a player could be allowed.

You can always take it with you when complotting in the next room.
The boxart even shows the president with money bills under his hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lumley
United Kingdom
Beverley
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Bunch of stuff
badge
Other bunch of stuff
mbmbmbmbmb
miyazakigrognard wrote:
Ha-ha! Is the clever lass, Sue, married? If not, I would like to propose

Er, yes. She is my ex-girlfriend's mother.

the fact that I went round to play games with her family hen she wasn't there should probably have told me it wasn't right.

I'm happily married now, and have a 4-week-old baby boy, though I still go round to my ex's family to play games, most recently getting stuffed by the dragon in Carcassonne!

I still play Junta, though I'm a bit more careful how I introduce the game to people now!

Tomba
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Baptiste Ménard
France
flag msg tools
bonz wrote:

Money from the foreign aid deck and money in the Swiss bank account are taboo, but cash from the "pockets" of a player could be allowed.

You can always take it with you when complotting in the next room.
The boxart even shows the president with money bills under his hat.

I have always played this way, but I thought it was the original rule ! I was a bit disappointed to read it was not allowed in the original rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.