Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario
Croatia
Samobor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) What happens if I turn Signs of Gollum from encounter deck and then turn another Signs of Gollum card as a guard? The rules explain only what happens if a guard card is enemy, location or treachery.
2.) What happens if I turn Signs of Gollum from encounter deck and then as a guard turn Massing at night (reveal x additional cards from encounter deck. x is the number of players in the game). Are cards revealed discarded? Should I put them in staging area if enemy or location cards are revealed? Or should I place 2 revealed cards both as guards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
If you draw another objective as guard, just place it in staging area and draw a new card as guard (then process any guarded keyword the second objective may have as well). This is 2 paragraphs above where it says how the card types work as guards (in german rulebook at least) (edit: that text passage doesn't explicitly mention drawing another guard for the second objective as well, but the cards are revealed, so its guarded keyword triggers. Edit edit: if it has one, of course.)

Treacheries as guards just have their instant effect and aren't further related to the guarded objective afterwards. So for Massing at Night you'd just draw the X cards, process them as normal, and then have an unattached objective in staging area once all is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario
Croatia
Samobor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game Rules forum to the The Hunt for Gollum rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Viper[FFW wrote:
Or should I place 2 revealed cards both as guards?
Been thinking about this one btw, somewhat unrelated to this thread.
Having multiple guards attached to an objective shouldn't even be possible. Yes, guards are the attachment, not vice versa, so a card not being able to be attached to 2 cards (don't tear my cards up!) is not an issue. The issue is that guard card types may well go different ways (engaged by different players, being travelled to versus staying in staging etc). Since there is no way besides physical proximity to indicate attachedness, the engine can't handle this.

A particularly degenerate reading of the Rescue from Dol Guldur setup could also result in 2 attachments per objectives (faq emphasized revealedness of objectives thus making sure guarded is triggered, but attaching guards is also included as reminder text explicitly), that's where the topic first came to my interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
If you draw another objective as guard, just place it in staging area and draw a new card as guard (then process any guarded keyword the second objective may have as well). This is 2 paragraphs above where it says how the card types work as guards (in german rulebook at least) (edit: that text passage doesn't explicitly mention drawing another guard for the second objective as well, but the cards are revealed, so its guarded keyword triggers. Edit edit: if it has one, of course.)

Drawing 2 consecutive Signs of Gollum Objective card just came up for me and had to look it up to be sure how to play it.

The explicit instructions are on page 24 of the (English) rulebook under the instructions for the "Guarded" Keyword:

"If another objective card comes up while attaching a card for the guarded keyword, place the second objective in the staging area, and use the next card of the encounter deck to fulfill the original
keyword effect.
"

As Weltenreiter said, it doesn't explicitly say to draw another encounter card for the second Signs of Gollum, but that Clue has a "Guarded" keyword that must be fulfilled too.

Basically what that means is if you draw successive Objective cards, each of those Objective cards are separate encounters on the Staging areas and each has its own requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.