Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: help identifying a game i had a s a kid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kate tureski
msg tools
hi all. im now to the site. i love board games. i used to have like 100 of them when i was a kid before my family fell apart when i was 14. anyway, i need help identifying a fantasy board game i had as a kid. I don't remember too much about it but the main feature of the game was a mechanical tower that "morphs" your character. the tower had a leaver or something on it and when you put your character in it and pulled the leaver it spun on the inside and when you opened the little door you your character had been swapped for a different one contained within the tower. it would have been released in the late 80's or early 90's. thats about all i have to go on. hope someone here can help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thoughts were Dark Tower, Talisman or Enchanted Palace, but none of those match your full description. Did MB's Hero Quest board game from the late 1980s have this mechanic, I can't recall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Tower of the Wizard King.

Quote:
The Wizard King is old and frail. After eons on the throne, he has made a final journey to survey his realm. Now he returns for the last time to his Tower, wherin lies the magic that makes one Wizard supreme over all others. For captured within is the magical Power of Transformation that allows a creature to enter the Tower as one self-- and emerge as another! An Elf of the Forests may be transformed into an Ogre of the Mountains. A Warrior from the Plains may become a Skeleton of the Swamps. Each of these creatures has his own special powers, special strengths-- and special fears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
alfredhw wrote:
Try Tower of the Wizard King.

Quote:
The Wizard King is old and frail. After eons on the throne, he has made a final journey to survey his realm. Now he returns for the last time to his Tower, wherin lies the magic that makes one Wizard supreme over all others. For captured within is the magical Power of Transformation that allows a creature to enter the Tower as one self-- and emerge as another! An Elf of the Forests may be transformed into an Ogre of the Mountains. A Warrior from the Plains may become a Skeleton of the Swamps. Each of these creatures has his own special powers, special strengths-- and special fears.

That's gotta be the one. Copies on eBay in pretty good condition can be had for $20-25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kate tureski
msg tools
thats the one. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome, never had that one, just picked one up on Ebay, cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.