Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tomble heroic feat and carrying things rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Littlefinger Baelish
msg tools
mb

Hi guys another round of questions after another hard encounter

this time it's about Tomble (the thief) and it's heroic feat allowing him to disapear from the map and reappear the next round. Can the thief do that while tranporting a token from a quest ? Such as a guest in daerions castle, a bag of wheat in fat goblin, or the chest the heroes have to smuggle out in one of the interlude scenarios. Cause that's what my players have done to me, give the relic to thief, disapear, reappear and double move goodbye OL thanks for playing ...

does the transported quest related material disapear with the thief or stay on the ground ?

second question regarding our healer Avric, he has this healing class card that allows by spending one fatigue to heal a target and remove a condition card on the target. Say this healer has been "stuned" durng OL turn can he play healing on him and remove the stun condition without spending one action first as stated on Stun card ?

thanks !

so far still a great game but really having hard time on winning with OL, hope act2 and reinforced monsters will help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I would say yes to Tomble not dropping quest tokens. There is nothing in the feat that says to drop any tokens. There is also another character who has a similar feat and it specifically says for that character that they have to drop any quest tokens before teleporting.

Second question is interesting. Prayer of Healing is not an action so, yes, i don't see why Avric couldn't do this to himself and remove the stun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
I actually asked this question a couple of weeks ago. Originally, we had ruled/played it incorrectly that he drops items when he vanishes. Probably due to our WoW roots and things like vanish/bubble forcing you to drop these. Here is question/response:

Quote:
If Tomble is carrying an objective token (Trueshot Bow, crop, Idol, etc.) and decides to use his heroic feat to vanish off of the board, does the objective token get dropped or does it disappear with him off of the board?

Unless quest rules specify otherwise, he'd keep the objective token with him.

Second quest, yes, you could Prayer of Healing before hand and thus save your action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that a Disciple with Cleansing Touch could not use it to clear Stunned, because the very first thing a Stunned character must do on his turn is spend an action to clear Stunned. I don't remember if that was an official ruling or if I'm making it up though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I was under the impression that a Disciple with Cleansing Touch could not use it to clear Stunned, because the very first thing a Stunned character must do on his turn is spend an action to clear Stunned. I don't remember if that was an official ruling or if I'm making it up though.

I think you're wrong. Cleansing touch is "Exhaust during your turn", and apparently you can use "during your turn" skills before "perform actions" phase of the turn.

I base this on the answer to second question here:
Re: "Adam and Justin Sez" thread - potentially official (not yet FAQ) answers to rules questions. READ FIRST POST for instructions, please.
Necromancer can use his non-action abilities, then activate familiar, and then use his action.

Stun only refers to actions, so it has to be first action you take during your turn, but you can do anything that isn't action(refreshing items, using fatigue to move, and non-action skills/abilities).

Edit: more important question. If this card is not exhausted can you use this card at the start of the turn but BEFORE refreshing cards, then refresh this card immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Day
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Dear FFG admin/arbiter,

Can we get an official ruling on this question please? The question I'm after is whether Tomble must drop quest objectives when he performs his feat.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Rules Question

If Tomble is carrying an objective token (Trueshot Bow, crop, Idol, etc.) and decides to use his heroic feat to vanish off of the board, does the objective token get dropped or does it disappear with him off of the board?

Justin Kemppainen wrote:
Unless quest rules specify otherwise, he'd keep the objective token with him.

Thanks,
Justin Kemppainen
Creative Content Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
jkemppainen@fantasyflightgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlefinger Baelish
msg tools
mb
Ok sounds clear, and very hard to prevent in these quests.
Round 1 move 4 squares / disappear
Round 2 reappear 4 squares away / double move + 5 stamina
Total= 4+4+8+5 => 21 squares! catch him if you can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Littlefinger9 wrote:
Ok sounds clear, and very hard to prevent in these quests.
Round 1 move 4 squares / disappear
Round 2 reappear 4 squares away / double move + 5 stamina
Total= 4+4+8+5 => 21 squares! catch him if you can

His feat has no impact on him being able to move 21 squares... He would get that much movement with two double-moves and a full stamina move, regardless...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
With the difference being that the Overlord cannot do any damage to him in round 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.