Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PLAY SWITZERLAND MAP ONLINE

If you have the new Ticket to Ride CD-ROM, you can create an online game using the new Switzerland map that Web-based online players can join.

INGREDIENTS

1 copy CD-ROM of Ticket to Ride
1 Web browser
2 Days of Wonder web cards
2 laptop computers
1 wireless Internet connection
45 minutes

Player A loads the CD-ROM and chooses to play Online. Log in with your existing DoW account.

Player B goes to the DoW website to login with their existing DoW account.

Player A then creates a game using a Switzerland map and choosing three players. Player B will see it pop up as an available game and joins. Everything plays as it would normally, although Player A's screen will be a little slower because there are more associated multimedia elements (e.g. sounds, animations) with each player's move.

NOTES

Without a second copy of the CD-ROM game, Player B cannot use their loaded game without knowing their DoW web card number. That forced us to try the traditional online account.

Web-based players can still only create USA or Europe games, but my lovely bride found this backdoor way for both of us to play Switzerland together, beating me 94 to 71.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they plan to not allow it to be played online? Or is there some problem? I hadn't bought it yet and had thought I'd be able to play them all if I ever did.

Anybody made a cardboard Switzerland map yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naturelich
Germany
Remscheid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this behavior is totally intended by Days of Wonder. In essence they are saying: if you own one copy of T2R PC you can create an online game with the Switzerland map. Whoever wants to join does not have to buy the PC game. They only need a valid online account.

Which is what you and your wife have been doing.

Personally, I would much rather see a printed copy of the map than having to play it online all the time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.