Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
Session Report for July 01, 2000 (by Dave Bernazzani)
Roll Call: Dave Bernazzani, Mark, Jenn, Jonathan, Eddie, Carol, Walter, Andrew, Tamara

Session Length: 4.5 hours
Session Details: We have not had a Saturday session most of June - so I was looking forward to finally getting back to the normal time and normal group. We had some impromptu sessions at the local Barnes and Nobles on Monday nights, but it's always nice to get the official game night back on track! We had to limit the session to 9 players - the number of attendees had been rising and more people wanted to come to our sessions so I've set a limit. Hopefully between the semi-regular Saturday session and the occasional Monday session at the B&N we can accommodate everyone.

We had two new people in attendance tonight. Andrew and his friend Tamara. Both were exceptionally nice and we enjoyed having them down to game night. Hopefully we didn't scare them off too badly and they'll come back :-))

Torres Session Details: It's no secret that I enjoy Torres. It's my pick of best game for the latter half of 1999/early 2000 and I hope it wins the prestigious SdJ award in Germany (it's made the top 3 finalists as I write this). The group of 9 players split into two tables and at my table we had Walter, Andrew and Tamara. I was the only one who had played Torres before so I did my best to get everyone up to speed (with one "major" omission which led Walter to believe that you could place 2 knights on a castle and score for both - but I corrected it when I saw what he was attempting and he claims it didn't damage him too badly which is good!).

Anyway, the play was very tight - there was lots of competition for the kings bonus and everyone had some stake in the bigger castles although it was generally fun watching each person try to out-jump their nights to bigger and better castles. Andrew and Tamara had most of their knights on the board while Walter and I managed with fewer (I think I had 3 knights left off the board at the end of the game). Everyone used the action cards to good effect - some people even opted to pull 2 cards on a single turn even though you can only use one (but not on the same turn you acquire it). Generally everyone seemed to understand the game well enough after the first year - after that it was a tight race. In the end, a bit of experience and one key placement on the tallest castle gave me a close victory. Andrew and Tamara were extremely close behind and so this was one of the tightest finishes I can remember. Walter languished a bit behind, but had a respectable score for a 4 player game.

Final Scores: Dave=190, Andrew=188, Tamara=184, Walter=166
Ratings(1-10): Dave=9, Andrew=8, Tamara=7, Walter=7
Comments: Still the one game I enjoy playing more than most. Will gladly play anytime it's called for at a game night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.