19 Posts

Runewars» Forums » General

Subject: What else would you like in a new expansion than just races? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
I have no imagination so I don't know what else I want than just the races. I guess I could take a few more map tiles and quests to go with them, the crazier.. the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario book, or hidden game objectives (for winning the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "magic" could be integrated a bit more. As is, it's only seen in some of the unit powers, some reward cards, and a couple of tactics cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Season cards, Heroes, more unit types for the current races as well. Although, besides more Races I think the game is pretty complete as it is now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
I agree with the magic element being added, as long as it doesn't create too much downtime or add additional elements. Keeping things to a minimum is best.

I'm completely happy with new map tiles (lots), quests, maybe a few new neutrals, and of course new cards (tactics and seasons).

Another race wouldn't hurt either (how about those dwarves from the story opener?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
Magic would be a cool idea. Sometimes I think the game has similarities to the classic pc strategy game Master of Magic expect for the MAGIC! I guess it could work similarly to tactic cards, but with a mana resource or something. Perhaps different schools of magic could be included. Wow, that's a great idea the more I think about it.. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't like to see any combat, magic or other, between different hexes. Initiative is the mechanic that accounts for ranged units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piter Machado
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i'd like the Dragon Runes to award some kind of immediate benefit to their owner... thematically they're a source of great power, but in the game they're just objects that you stack in order to win at some point ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always thought that it would be cool to have the border of the map be treated as sea tiles. Then transports to otherwise impregnable home realms could be constructed. Keeping our forces balanced would be a bigger issue if you could be attacked at home.

Not sure about the magic. It sounds cool but if it increases the fiddlyness, I'm not sure if I would ever get it to the table. You could say the same thing about sea tiles though as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see flagships and space mines.

Wait, um.

Scenarios would be cool. But really, I'm trying to think of something this game is missing at this point, and I can't come up with anything much. It's balanced nicely as a four-player game, and I don't know that it even needs a fifth and/or sixth neutral faction(s) — there are already neutral units and heroes, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nature elements could affect game as well. Like tornadoes, Earthquakes, Volcanoes...
+
Barbarian camps at the beginning of game (like civilization PC game)
+
and yes - Sea, Islands, Ships
+
Extra race. Just in case (4 race limits is good, but to choose from 5 or 6 races could be good)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
uzix wrote:
The Nature elements could affect game as well. Like tornadoes, Earthquakes, Volcanoes...
+
+
+
Extra race. Just in case (4 race limits is good, but to choose from 5 or 6 races could be good)

Aren't the neutral monsters already like Barbarian Camps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
uzix wrote:
+
+
+

Aren't the neutral monsters already like Barbarian Camps?

Well, not quite.
Send 1 archer, spend 1 influence token and scare 2 Dragons, 2 Giants away...shake
If there could be a camp, let`say of 2 strength producing a barbarian once a year to attack random targets. I think it would be fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uzix wrote:

Well, not quite.
Send 1 archer, spend 1 influence token and scare 2 Dragons, 2 Giants away...shake
If there could be a camp, let`say of 2 strength producing a barbarian once a year to attack random targets. I think it would be fun

I wouldn't say that this is "scaring away". The silver icon is in my understanding more some sort of diplomatic agreement for a dislocation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
uzix wrote:

Well, not quite.

I wouldn't say that this is "scaring away". The silver icon is in my understanding more some sort of diplomatic agreement for a dislocation

And if there is no place to go? diplomatic agreement for a jumping of the cliff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
uzix wrote:
Anduin wrote:
uzix wrote:

Well, not quite.

And if there is no place to go? diplomatic agreement for a jumping of the cliff

Or migrating to another land outside of the bounds of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

Or migrating to another land outside of the bounds of the game.

uuuuh, i like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.