Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just purchased the game brand new and all sealed. Once I got thru my first couple breakdowns with the straight/wavy river tiles and differing town tiles, I noticed I'm definitely missing a tile. I have a total of 43. Going by coltsfan's rollcall of components, looks like I'm missing one hill/hedge tile. His list says there should be 8, I've got 7. Does anyone know if maybe there was an update in the tile count? Coltsfan's list was from '06. I'm probably just out a tile. Thanks for any help...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you used a credit card, you can contact the vendor and ask for a replacement game. If they won't make it right or give you a refund, you can do a dispute of claim with the credit card company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True. I thought of this, but seems an awful lot of trouble to pack up the entire game which is now totally unsealed and drive it 30 miles back to where it was purchased just for one missing tile. Am I going to really miss one hill/hedge tile? Can I play the scenarios without? And how is DoW about replacing missing components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried contacting DoW support?
WIth proof of your purchase they may send you the missing piece.

Once I purchased an expansion that had missing parts; I contacted DoW support and they sent the missing parts. Great service.

As yours was a purchase of a sealed new game I'd expect a positive response from DoW. They are a great company to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd contact the company, they shipped out some tank traps in just a couple days
mine was sealed and brand new as well
great customer service
you might even have the seller contact them as well to verify it was a sealed copy with your name referenced in the message
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did email DoW but nobody's there on weekends to provide an answer, according to their site. So have to wait til sometime this coming week for a reply.

After I sent the email, I went to the online store to purchase and download the digital version of the Campaign Book vol 1. I had two 10% off coupons to use. So I got my total with discounts, $12, and submitted payment. Got charged full total without discount, $15, and now my coupons are gone. Ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Clammy721 wrote:
I did email DoW but nobody's there on weekends to provide an answer, according to their site. So have to wait til sometime this coming week for a reply.

After I sent the email, I went to the online store to purchase and download the digital version of the Campaign Book vol 1. I had two 10% off coupons to use. So I got my total with discounts, $12, and submitted payment. Got charged full total without discount, $15, and now my coupons are gone. Ouch.

Contact CustServ. They should take care of both issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Duchow
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to throw my .02 in on this. I had a problem with a copy of Cleopatra Society of Architects. I was missing one of the cards. I had no difficulty getting a replacement (actually they just sent all new cards rather than the one missing). It did take a bit to hear back from them and the replacement did take a bit to arrive, but to me those are at best minor quibbles (even if one wished to call them quibbles). Was more than happy with the ease of solving this and was more than happy with the resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the input everyone. My email is in DoW's inbox and we'll see how it goes. I haven't had any experience with their cust serv but judging by your replies, I'm sure everything will be fine. Played a few games with my son earlier Sunday and we had a blast. I'm really excited he's getting into the historical aspects of the game and wants to soak up all the WWII knowledge he can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's not easy being green
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently sent in a email request, I lost a terrain tile from the terrain pack. Wasn't sure what to expect as the loss was due to my own negligence. Request was made 4/2 had an answer from Madison at DOW customer service within a couple of hours. I was told that the piece would be sent that day.
The tile showed up in the mail Thursday 4/4 in time for weekend gaming.
Very happy with DOW customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update to wrap everything up. I received the missing tile and was actually credited back the difference from those failed coupons on the internet purchase. Excellent service from DoW. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.