Subject: Breaking doors with zombies in your zone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Irvin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hey All,

Was playing with some friends yesterday and a question came up.

Towards the end we were trying to get into a building to get the last objective, but had a few zombies in our square.

The rules say you cannot search with zombies in your square, but can you break down doors with zombies in your square or do you need to kill them first? I don't believe the rules specify. We may need to house rule it, but cannot agree on it as a group.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that you can open doors with zombies in your square. The only restriction is as you state searching. You can also pick up objectives as well although depending who I'm playing with we tend to house rule this to no zombies in zone as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive always understood that you can open the door at any time.
Although that said, id suggest killing the others first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Manlove
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess you can break the door down, though I would probably use that extra action to smash a zombie skull instead of the door. Plus, once that door opens, all of the rooms will spawn. Unless you are one kill away from a higher danger level, I can't see the benefit in choosing to break down a door over killing a zombie.

jonahmaul wrote:
You can also pick up objectives as well although depending who I'm playing with we tend to house rule this to no zombies in zone as well.

I thought it stated specifically in the rules that you can't pick up an objective if a zombie is in the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Irvin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone.

The reason we wanted to break it down then was because there were still 2 players to go after, but neither had a weapon that could break down doors.

By breaking the door down first they were able to clear out most of the building before the zombies had a turn to attack or move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dudley Manlove wrote:
I thought it stated specifically in the rules that you can't pick up an objective if a zombie is in the space.

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Manlove
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Dudley Manlove wrote:

Nope.

Hmm, thanks. I guess I just started playing that way and never looked back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dudley Manlove wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Dudley Manlove wrote:

Nope.

Hmm, thanks. I guess I just started playing that way and never looked back.

It makes more sense that way but isn't actually a rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Dudley, Zombies donĀ“t automatically spawn when a door is broken down, they spawn when the buildings FIRST door is broken down. Just to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.