Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm new here but I already played a lot GS.

Since the beginning I was annoyed with that 4th die, which was a different color than the three first. What was the point of it being colored if they all shared the same characteristics ?
I didn't want to improve it more than slightly thow, as to not alter the game.

So I quickly used a very small and simple improvement that along all my games have been used successfuly once :
That die can can hurt ghosts immune to dice.

Typically I never intend to save a tao or try to get rid of a ghost relying only on sheer luck using that rule ; its use is purely incidental. But I like knowing that die different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I don't think it has the same characteristics exactly since only the green monk ability allows using the gray die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
I don't think it has the same characteristics exactly since only the green monk ability allows using the gray die.
In theory, it could've been white like the other 3, but I do like the system now.

Same deal with the YY (Yin Yang) tokens... they all could've been a generic black, but it helps enforce the rules that each player can only have 1 at any given time by making their colors all to exactly one Taoist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game with this Green power,there are always four dice on the board.

I believe it was dyed differently to avoid being rolled erroneously together with the regular white dice when one of the die-stealing ghosts appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Plus it's just fun to be like, "I get the extra die. That gray one is mine!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.