Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nabeel Kandah
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I have been doing the pegasus bridge scenario, and my question is - and it applies to ALL the scenarios - is there a dice reduction for units battling FROM a hex containing an obstacle of some sort, such as barbed wire, sandbag, forest? I know there is a battle dice reduction when you battle a unit on a hex with the above mention obstacles/terrains, but about battling FROM these hexes. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In some cases, there ARE battle dice reductions when fighting FROM a terrain hex. Those situations are specifically listed in the rule book terrain notes and on the terrain cards.

For example, fighting FROM a town/city hex for armor units is a battle dice reduction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
kandahman wrote:
I have been doing the pegasus bridge scenario, and my question is - and it applies to ALL the scenarios - is there a dice reduction for units battling FROM a hex containing an obstacle of some sort, such as barbed wire, sandbag, forest? I know there is a battle dice reduction when you battle a unit on a hex with the above mention obstacles/terrains, but about battling FROM these hexes. Thanks in advance.
\

Yes, there is, and each instance can be found in the rules. Look under the rules section pertaining to the various terrain and obstacle types. For example, on page 14, it states that "Armor on a town hex will reduce the number of battle dice it rolls by 2".

Also, infantry roll one less die when battling from a hex that contains wire. (page 16)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot recommend the player aide created by Green Bear aka Brummbar enough. It has all the terrain and factors affecting it listed by theatre. Brilliant. It is in the files section of BGG.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with that comment about Brummbar's player aid. It is indispensable. You don't really need the rule book after that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked over the M44 page for this fantastic game aid. I must be blind. Can one of you provide a link?

Much appreciated!

Wade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here ya go...you have to click the "more files" option.

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=13601

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

OOOO!

I nearly messed myself out of excitement (not really a visual you wanted, I'm sure)!

Thanks much for the link, John.

Wade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.