Subject: Cambridge Game Factory Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I am missing a card from my black box Glory to Rome, and wanted to see about getting a replacement. Sent a mail to CGF sales dept (couldn't find customer service), but haven't gotten a response.

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction here, or if this is sorta like pissing upwind, with kickstarter fallout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Somehow I am missing a card from my black box Glory to Rome, and wanted to see about getting a replacement. Sent a mail to CGF sales dept (couldn't find customer service), but haven't gotten a response.

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction here, or if this is sorta like pissing upwind, with kickstarter fallout.

I'd expect a slow response, but a response, at some point. Ed's trying to pull some things together. You could also try kickstarter@cambridgegames.com . The've said the email goes into a queue, but they're still working through backlog.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I've sent multiple emails to all the listed addresses on their site for many months about replacement components for the Black Box with no reply. I wouldn't hold your breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
Yeah I've sent multiple emails to all the listed addresses on their site for many months about replacement components for the Black Box with no reply. I wouldn't hold your breath.

You may have missed the update that CGF had been operating on 0 support staff for a few months, but is slowly getting something together again.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb

(I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at CGF.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
murksofus wrote:

You may have missed the update that CGF had been operating on 0 support staff for a few months, but is slowly getting something together again.

B>

They've also posted numerous times here on BGG that they're "super surprised" that no one has answered anyone's emails, and that we should try again!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
murksofus wrote:

B>

They've also posted numerous times here on BGG that they're "super surprised" that no one has answered anyone's emails, and that we should try again!

:shake:

That's odd, because I recall complete silence from them for the last few months at least. Where did you see the posts?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
murksofus wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
murksofus wrote:

B>

shake

That's odd, because I recall complete silence from them for the last few months at least. Where did you see the posts?

B>

I don't have the link saved, but someone from them told us "unsatisfied backers" to post in a thread that they had started, this would make it easier for them to address our issues.

I can find the thread later if you want, at work now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was Wake a couple of months ago. I see no surprise expressed in that post.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11420655#11420655

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:

B>

I retract my "surprised" statement. However, they have been at least semi-active here on BGG, maybe not the last 6 weeks since Wake's post, but in the months/years before that. I've been sending them emails about my damaged components since October of last year, with no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
thepackrat wrote:

B>

I retract my "surprised" statement. However, they have been at least semi-active here on BGG, maybe not the last 6 weeks since Wake's post, but in the months/years before that. I've been sending them emails about my damaged components since October of last year, with no reply.

I think the reasons for that were explained in that post.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it because Ed lost his job and his house and thus by extension his CGF email account..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
send email to factory@cambridgegames.com

If they don't get back to you right away, they will eventually. Despite Ed's current troubles, CGF will replace all components as soon as able. So, you may have to wait longer than you'd like, but you will definitely get the replacement.

Sorry that's all I've got!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.