Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if I could build a deck that was able to advance agendas and gain economy on the runner's turn. I also wanted to be able to strip the runner of resources through out the game and then boost early cheap ICE to threat-levels.

The main thrust of the deck is to:
(1) Use Matrix Analyzer, Junebug and Shadow to support advancement tokens then shift them over with Trick of Light for fast advance or a high score Brain Trust

(2) Pop Up Window and Shadow aid in economy;

(3) Chum and Sensi turn these small ICE into headaches with the aid of Sunset.

(4) SNARE!, Fetal AI, and False Lead provides synergy with Personal Evolution

(5) Closed Accounts and Private Security Force helps with the traces that Matrix Analyzer, Shadow and SNARE! draw.

The main drawbacks seem to be:
(1) Not enough "End the run" ICE which causes reliance on Sensi too much- add Archer/Ice Walls. Chum not always a threat if next ice is easy to break.

(2) A lot of parts overlap, but the deck as a whole tried to do too much (? maybe drop Matrix Analyzers in favor of Shipments from Kaguwa?)

(3) Tries to be too outside of "Pain-teki"? Maybe I'm attempting to build a pseudo-Weyland deck. Should I focus more on Neural Katana/Data Mine?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (53)

Agenda: (13)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x2
False Lead (A Study in Static) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x2

Asset: (12)
Edge of World (Cyber Exodus) x2
Project Junebug (Core) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2

ICE: (18)
Chum (Core) x3
Sensei (Trace Amount) x3
Matrix Analyzer (Core) x3 ■■
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3 ■
Shadow (Core) x3 ■
Enigma (Core) x3

Operation: (10)
Sunset (Cyber Exodus) x2
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3
Closed Accounts (Core) x2 ■
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 23

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 29
NBN: 11
The Weyland Consortium: 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting deck: it's not how I would play Jinteki. As you said yourself: I would try to focus on one thing. It's hard to make a deck on flatlining ánd advancing. Your ICE is very weak (6 of them are only enhancing following ICE) and you have a 53 card deck with a lot of agendas. I would put in some more and stronger ICE (as you suggested for example Neural Katana: in combination with your traps/nasty assets is this great for flatlining).

I once built an NBN deck with only 17 ICE (49 card deck) and I didn't draw enopugh ICE to ICE everything up I wanted to ICE up before the runner got to 7 points...

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm not an expert in these matters, but it seems to me that in a deck with only 43 cards you should drop a few agendas. With 13 agenda cards, specially in the first few turns, there's a high probability of seeing some of them beeing stolen by a quick agressive runner.

I could drop a FETAL AI and a FALSE LEAD and include some upgrades. There are many great upgrades that allow you to save some credits, either by lowering the rez cost of ice or the advancement requirements.

just my two cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
As i said, i'm not an expert.
Forget my thoughts, i miscounted your card total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not really a fan of this deck, I'm not sure why though. It looks like it might do some damage but I just get the feeling that your Ice is too weak, your punishment to the Runner isn't a lot and you're going to be left open to aggressive runners!

I have no idea how I would improve this deck, other than adding some stronger/late game Ice. Chum and Sensei are good, but once a codegate breaker comes into play it's game over, they're fairly cheap to break. That will have quite early too I imagine. I'm not sure, I can't really help much. Maybe drop Sure Gambles for some decent Ice like WoT or Neural Katana!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you would have greater success building a similar deck in NBN and throw in some Jinteki Traps. As it is you're ICE is trying to do too much and cannot do anything well.

Also, with 3x Hedge Fund, 3x PAD and 2x Melange as well as cheap ICE, do you really need the ICE to give you credits?

As to your earlier comments, have you really found Sensei to be useful in there? It's not like You will get more than 4 ICE in a server and even if you let a Sensei trigger it won't be that expensive to go through even lategame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks for the replies, its nice to get some agreements about the composition of the deck.

chiefyk wrote:
I'm not really a fan of this deck, I'm not sure why though. It looks like it might do some damage but I just get the feeling that your Ice is too weak, your punishment to the Runner isn't a lot and you're going to be left open to aggressive runners!

I have the same feelings in a way. I enjoy playing it because I think the combos work. It actually functions well against aggressive runners early on, you and others are correct its scoring hits but just not enough.

Quote:
As to your earlier comments, have you really found Sensei to be useful in there?

Sensei-Chum-Maxtrix Analyzer is a good combination surprisingly. But its true that has the game goes longer its effectiveness decreases if paired with the wrong ICE. You are right Pop-Up/Shadow could be bounced as an economic resource for the more reliable PAD/Melange/Hedge Fund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.