Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is: may armies move into any unoccupied space(s) during the Invade Underworld phase, provided there are no opposing armies in those spaces (e.g. the first player who moves his armies into the Underworld may move into ANY unoccupied space or spaces (via a gate and a direct route, correct(?), provided there are no flame barriers to prevent it)?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think you've got it right. Remember that you have to leave someone behind when moving from one underworld space to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Girgis Mata
msg tools
Good question. What is still not clear is:

1)How many empty underworld spaces can your army move into at once during the "Invade the underworld" turn?

2)Does the first person into the underworld have a large advantage? Because this way, with a sizable army, he may just walk in through the gate and spread out and take every space he can in one shot! It doesn't make any sense. HELP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - this is how I see it:

1) You choose how many spaces you take, but obviously you need to beware of spreading yourself too thinly, as the bonuses you get from the underworld are of most benefit come the start of your next go, so all players get a chance to give you a hammering before you get anything from it. The best tactic may be to block a singe gate with some troops, and try and hold a crypt to allow you the troop advantage, but you need to work on the best strategy for you.

2) I think the above points cover this. If you spread thin and try and take every space, you won't have many areas left on your next turn, and you won't get the crypt advantage with only one army on it.

This all makes sense when you play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Okay, my question isn't quite the same. It is related to the same topic though, so I'd like to keep it in this thread. I haven't found a concise answer either in the rulebook, or online. Apologies in advance if I'm experiencing selective blindness.

Q: Do armies which are destroyed through the use of Miracle Cards go to their respective heavens? Or are they removed from the board and placed directly into the supply?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Q: What about armies that are lost due to Plague?[/b]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan East
msg tools
Beowulf wrote:
Okay, my question isn't quite the same. It is related to the same topic though, so I'd like to keep it in this thread. I haven't found a concise answer either in the rulebook, or online. Apologies in advance if I'm experiencing selective blindness.

Q: Do armies which are destroyed through the use of Miracle Cards go to their respective heavens? Or are they removed from the board and placed directly into the supply?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Q: What about armies that are lost due to Plague?[/b]

All armies that are destroyed go to the Underworld, unless attacked by the god of death, or unless the card specifically states that the armies do not go to the underworld (some cards do mention this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, unless they're destroyed in the underworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.