Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve just about all my games these days regardless on how many cards are in a game or what type of game (ex. if deck building, euro, etc.) due to several reasons which another story. I normal like to use FF or Ultra-Pros for my sleeves. I do use some Mayday sleeve, mainly the Premiums, sometimes as well. I know when sleeving some cards, some sleeves fit more snug than others and don't leave room for cards to "shift" a bit in the sleeves. Wanting to know what sleeves people are using before going to purchasing them myself. I saw the forum on sizes: " Character Cards: 58mm x 111mm; Event Cards: 56mm x 88mm". Want to know what your using. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, no one (not even Swan Panasia) makes sleeves to fit the character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve EVERYTHING.

Just not this game.

I might break down and just laminate all of the character cards eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 2 penny sleeves on each character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
havoc110 wrote:
I used 2 penny sleeves on each character.

I would think penny sleeves would be way too big. I've been using Fantasy Flight premium green sleeves. They leave a lot of the card hanging out of the top, but other than that they're pretty snug. Maybe I can squeeze a second sleeve over the top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the way I would do it. I use penny sleeves, one at each end (squeeze one atop the other), and it works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sleeved my copy. I used the following:

Character cards
- Mayday Magnum 61mm x 112mm - which I trimmed down to fit using a small paper cutter. The width is not perfectly snug, but this is as good as you're going to get. I'm kind of fanatical about sleeving, and I'm happy with the outcome, because the sleeves don't gap much.

Event cards
- Mayday Standard USA 56mm x 87mm - I know that seems smaller than some claim for the card dimensions, but the width is perfect and the height of the sleeve actually covers the end by a smidgen. (Someone had recommended the Mayday USA Chimera 57.5mm x 89mm, but I tried those and they gapped and did not shuffle as nicely as the slightly smaller sleeve.)

Of course, YMMV, but that combo worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
havoc110 wrote:
That would be the way I would do it. I use penny sleeves, one at each end (squeeze one atop the other), and it works just fine.

This -does not- work just fine. Way way too big.

As for the Mayday Magnum 61mm x112mm, I really don't like the idea of using a paper cutter to trim the sleeves. I've tried it in the past and have never had any luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
As for the Mayday Magnum 61mm x112mm, I really don't like the idea of using a paper cutter to trim the sleeves. I've tried it in the past and have never had any luck.

A neighbor loaned me the cutter--a super-cheap, swing-down cutting arm variety geared for trimming photos. The results were perfect, but I did every sleeve individually. I can imagine problems if doing more than one sleeve at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'll have to bring the sleeves in to my workplace and use the swingdown cutter. All the ones I've seen in stores are kind of expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking about sleeving this yesterday and I started wondering if any sleeves had been made that fit the character cards. My guess was no... unfortunately I seem to have been right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.