Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the last to know about this? I just saw on Face To Face's web site they're reprinting Reiner Knizia's Honeybears with a new theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get excited Chris. It's not all that. Highly over-rated. A good kids game, but not for adults at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Don't get excited Chris. It's not all that. Highly over-rated. A good kids game, but not for adults at all.

Don't listen to him. Honey bear rules! GO RED BEAR!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a nice little racing game with some clever mechanics. I own a copy of the original and I quite enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard it was just OK too. Definitely not worth the going price. But if they put out a reprint for $15 or less I might look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is another reprint that has been slipping in the schedules. Wasn't it first announced for issue in November '05?

I also heard that it's going to be re-themed, though to what I don't know. During playtesting it was a race of penguins across the ice to the sea. It was Piatnik that applied the cutesy bears and confused Jon by making it look like a kids' game. Perhaps following the success of March of the Penguins we could see the original theme revived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon is not confused. Jon has a copy and Jon has played the game more than once. It is a simple game, but it is strictly for children. It was heavily touted by certain parties that it played well with adults. It doesn't.

But I am quite prepared to dig it out and give it another go. Maybe after all these years my appreciation of a Knizia game has developed. But I'm not holding my breath.

Nor should you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Parsons wrote:
This is another reprint that has been slipping in the schedules. Wasn't it first announced for issue in November '05?

I also heard that it's going to be re-themed, though to what I don't know. During playtesting it was a race of penguins across the ice to the sea. It was Piatnik that applied the cutesy bears and confused Jon by making it look like a kids' game. Perhaps following the success of March of the Penguins we could see the original theme revived.

Now that's a really smart marketing idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I'll agree with the "don't get excited", but disagree with the "not for adults". It's quite a good little filler, the mechanic where you have to play your scoring cards in order to move the bears works really well and creates some nice anguish. Nothing thrilling, but definitely not a kids only game. The high cute factor created a bit of an aura over this one, I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.