Subject: Art of Tactics Commanders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Terry
United Kingdom
Norwich
State
flag msg tools
I have been reading through both the rules and scenarios for Art of tactics and I can't find any mention of how many commanders you should use for the scenarios. Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Are they allocated at 1 per so many units?

Sorry if I've missed something in either the scenarios or rules

Andy Terry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look carefully at each scenario's set-up map, you'll notice that some unit symbols are square, while other symbols of the same type are round. The square symbols designate units containing a leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional question here - would a calvary unit then have 4 figures since you would add a commander?

Edit: Answering my own question here. Found the example in the rules that made it clear there are only 3 figures.

Also, after all the hours of assembling those figures and staring at the assembly instructions I forgot that the middle slot on the cavalry tray was for the commander blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Customer Service
msg tools
publisher
mb
Hello there!

Sorry about the confusion.

If you look at the unit trays, you may notice that each slot for a figure stand has a little round knob in the back. One of those slots will have the round knob on the opposite side as the others. That slot is for the commander (if the unit has one). The other models in the unit won't fit properly into the commander slot because of the little round knob. That should make it easier to remember how many models go into each unit.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZvezdaUS wrote:
Hello there!

Sorry about the confusion.

If you look at the unit trays, you may notice that each slot for a figure stand has a little round knob in the back. One of those slots will have the round knob on the opposite side as the others. That slot is for the commander (if the unit has one). The other models in the unit won't fit properly into the commander slot because of the little round knob. That should make it easier to remember how many models go into each unit.

Hope that helps!

Thank you - the only confusion was the one I created blush.

Most everything is right there in the rules but some of the finer details just need a 2nd read for me to catch.

I tend to learn rules quicker with more situational examples written in. I believe the rulebook was written well, I just need to look a little closer . Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.