Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a confession to make. I like the boxes smaller, cos I hate carrying around giant boxes. When I first got the Core Set one of the reasons I didn't like it was cos the box was gigantic.

Then I opened it. And the box was as gaping as my mouth was hanging.

I mean seriously, that box could have housed a small family of Pygmy Hippo babies. (ok, about one or two http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Taronga+Zoo+Welcomes+Baby...)

So ever since then I've been on a mission to find smaller boxes, first I cut up a Thunderstone Advance expansion box, then I found a perfume box, then finally this one - a Canon camera box.

Its got two rows, one for corp and one for runner. All expansions except ASIS is in, and I think it can fit ASIS still. All cards sleeved in Ultra Pro pennies which are thinner and less likely to split than the tank FFG sleeves. After ASIS I might have to upgrade to a bigger box, which makes me a bit sad

The MTG deck boxes fit all the tokens perfectly and comfortably, and dividers let me sort and find stuff quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand, yes, I agree in principle--I think the core box has a lot of wasted space (and I expect the same from deluxe expansions, too). It seems to be a theme with FFG, probably because they want their boxes to have a certain shelf presence. (The Star Wars core box is the same way.)

On the other hand, I haven't done anything about it yet--though I keep meaning to, just to put them in a long card case. I don't know why I'm resisting.

On the gripping hand, when I went to a tournament yesterday, I went all out, brought everything along in a Pelican 1500 case (see http://www.cases2go.com/images%5Cproducts%5Cpelican1500nf.jp...) with dividers separating the decks, the extra cards, the tokens...anything worth doing is worth overdoing. (Given that I usually show up to our local group's casual gaming in a suit and tie because I'm coming from work, the joke was that I should do that with an attache case...and play Weyland.) But that was mostly for effect.

Long-term, I think I'll switch to the standard white card boxes, with the FFG boxes stashed on a shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
See this post I made earlier this morning: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/958713/perfect-game-night-st...

4 decks plus tokens, and judging by your photo approximately half the size of your box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Jennings
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I keep my decks in one of those boxes the World of Warcraft game came in - it comes with two deck holders, so that's the runner and corp decks covered, and fits neatly into a satchel. Can't get the tokens inside it too though, and I don't like carrying around two boxes if I can help it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ripley
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it a few more expansions and you will be back to using the core box while complaining that it is not big enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifantasy wrote:
On the gripping hand...

Niven fan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the white two-row box you can get at any FLGS; at least until the system outgrows that box. So far, however, 2 cores and one of each data pack to date only take just over half of one row. In the secon row I have my sleeved decks in a hand full of deck boxes. Of course, I do not keep everything sleeved at once, so I'm sure it would take up twice the real estate, but not much more than a row.

The best part is that those boxes are just a couple of dollars. For our game nights we play more than just Netrunner *GASP*, so my NR tends to be inside a plastic tote. I would probably want something similar to what's pictured here for being able to throw it in a backpack or the like if that's all I was taking; I know in the past Plano was good for that with my MtG stuff. I will have to find out what model that puppy is and post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
See this post I made earlier this morning: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/958713/perfect-game-night-st...

4 decks plus tokens, and judging by your photo approximately half the size of your box.

While that's cool, I don't have the resources to keep 4 decks built, nor do I think I need to... So having all my cards allow me to swap between my decks.

AND if I want to make modifications on the fly I can do that too (of course not to the end of cheating in a tournament)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
scifantasy wrote:
On the gripping hand...

Niven fan?

SF of all sorts, though yes, I know that was Niven first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep storing the cards in the base game box. Eventually it will get too big for it. But that will take while. I cut up a few of the white cardboard card boxes and tape them together to make a 3 column setup for Netrunner. Only currently using one of the three columns... (less than a whole really... Mostly because I have 7 decks built.)

Then I store the decks in Rook steel cases: http://myrook.com/products_c_c3.htm

Then I carry those around in varying sizes of the same company's Endura cases: http://myrook.com/products_c_e.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hartman
United States
Battle Ground
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I converted the core box insert to have three rows. With all of that space i put all of my Doomtown cards in there until Netrunner takes up more than one row.

I agree on making best use of boxes and am also always looking for more or better ways to store games. Now I am using the FFG deck box, which works well for carrying two decks and counters. I also have very old card box, its plastic with a flip top lid and snaps to keep it shut. The thing is a tank for carrying around lots of card (upwards of 500). That works well and will probably be my main card game carrying box when i have multiple decks built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to promote the portability of my collection, I decided to abandon my binders and deckboxes. Instead, I ran all my cards through a shredder and then a grinder, reducing them to powder. I keep the powder in a sock, which I can carry easily. In a pinch, it doubles as a pretty comfortable pillow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beelzeben wrote:
In order to promote the portability of my collection, I decided to abandon my binders and deckboxes. Instead, I ran all my cards through a shredder and then a grinder, reducing them to powder. I keep the powder in a sock, which I can carry easily. In a pinch, it doubles as a pretty comfortable pillow.

We need a Runner Roshambo and a Corp Confetti
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
beelzeben wrote:
I keep the powder in a sock,

When did we start talking about the transformers movie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
beelzeben wrote:

... I even googled and couldn't find what you're referencing.

What??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
corkysru wrote:
beelzeben wrote:

What??

The Dynasty of Primes are the first wielders of the Matrix in the live action film and used it to power a Sun Harvester. After learning that Earth contained intelligent life, they refused to use it and The Fallen fought them over it. He was too powerful for them so they stole it and sacrificed themselves to hide it. Sam Witwicky found it but it crumbled to dust in his hands. However, in a vision, the Dynasty gave it to him to wield as he proved worthy of it, telling him that the Matrix is something that must be earned not found. He used it to revive Optimus, but The Fallen took it before it completely healed Optimus. Used to power the Sun Harvester, it survived and was given back to Optimus after he destroyed the harvester.

Sam had put it in his sock to keep it. You would have had to see the movie to get the joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Tuism wrote:
corkysru wrote:
beelzeben wrote:

What??

The Dynasty of Primes are the first wielders of the Matrix in the live action film and used it to power a Sun Harvester. After learning that Earth contained intelligent life, they refused to use it and The Fallen fought them over it. He was too powerful for them so they stole it and sacrificed themselves to hide it. Sam Witwicky found it but it crumbled to dust in his hands. However, in a vision, the Dynasty gave it to him to wield as he proved worthy of it, telling him that the Matrix is something that must be earned not found. He used it to revive Optimus, but The Fallen took it before it completely healed Optimus. Used to power the Sun Harvester, it survived and was given back to Optimus after he destroyed the harvester.

Sam had put it in his sock to keep it. You would have had to see the movie to get the joke.

What's this garbage you're talking about? This is the only matrix of leadership I recognize:

'Til all are one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.