Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos II
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I didn't want to litter the tournament thread with OCTGN questions that aren't necessarily on-topic)

1. How do you execute/record actions? An example of this would be the Beorn card. How do you illustrate that an Action was performed?

2. How do you illustrate Hero exhaustion when a card like Light of Valinor is active? I put a progress token on the hero to mark the questing but is there a better way?

3. Is it a bug in OCTGN that the Encounter deck has a Player deck backing? (For the deck piles in the bottom-right, at least for me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you Shift-click on a card, it will be "targeted", which can be seen by all players. That's one way you can easily indicate when you use a character's Action or doing something like committing to the quest via Light of Valinor. Shift-clicking on the card again will remove the target.

If you hold down Shift, then click and drag from one card to another, it creates an arrow. This can be helpful when you want to specify things like who Arwen is targeting with her ability, or who's attacking what, etc. Again, shift-clicking on the card will remove the arrow.

As far as cardbacks go for the encounter deck... it's not a "bug" per say, but rather a limitation of Octgn itself. I've been trying to figure out a way to introduce a 2nd cardback into the game for a long time, but so far no luck.
Here's the issue: Octgn does not actually 'know' what any card is until it's flipped face up. So even if I were to tell it to make encounter cards have the proper cardback, the program doesn't know that a given card is an encounter card until it's revealed face up, and will use the default 'ring' cardback until then. The reason the program was designed this way was to prevent cheating. A lot of competitive card games are played on Octgn (such as Magic), and they wanted to prevent players from marking their cards by giving certain cards different backs.
There has been some discussion among the devs about trying to add this feature, but no time frame for it yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.