Hide
10 Posts

Relic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Commissar Special Ability and Asset Limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cayce Underwood
msg tools
When Commissar uses his special ability to take a stranger encounter and places it in his play area to use later as a die roll (like his allies), does the stranger count towards his Asset Limit of 6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The special ability does not specify that the Strangers count toward the Asset Limit, nor is there a rule that changes them to Assets. So no, they do not count toward the Asset Limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cayce Underwood
msg tools
That's what we figured too and how we played that game. Thanks for confirmation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran 0
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cayce wrote:
When Commissar uses his special ability to take a stranger encounter and places it in his play area to use later as a die roll (like his allies), does the stranger count towards his Asset Limit of 6?

What do you mean use allies (or strangers) as a die roll, I dont think I have seen any mention of this.

I dont think I understand the value of this commissar ability can someone please enlighten me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran 0
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
kieran0 wrote:
Cayce wrote:

What do you mean use allies (or strangers) as a die roll, I dont think I have seen any mention of this
I dont think I understand the value of this commissar ability can someone please enlighten me.

To answer my own question, this relates to one of the commissars special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kieran0 wrote:

Using ally or stranger to auto-explode a die and you don't see the value surprise (and it can be done after you've rolled)? They are basically non-removable Power Cards (allies can be taken, but strangers can't) with a 6 on them. Better yet, he gets to collect strangers at the start of his Engagement Phase, when normally he'd have to do Events and Enemies first, but instead he can grab a stranger and use it in a battle in the same space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete 265
msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
kieran0 wrote:

Using ally or stranger to auto-explode a die and you don't see the value surprise (and it can be done after you've rolled)? They are basically non-removable Power Cards (allies can be taken, but strangers can't) with a 6 on them. Better yet, he gets to collect strangers at the start of his Engagement Phase, when normally he'd have to do Events and Enemies first, but instead he can grab a stranger and use it in a battle in the same space.

Hi, where does it explain this? (using allies and strangers as a 6) can't c it in the rules or on the cards, obviously missing something as there would be no point of Commissar special power as u can't use the stranger cards ability if you take it, thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a special ability of the Commissar, where else would it be located, but :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete 265
msg tools
Yeh cheers, it's totally clear don't know how it caused such confusion in my game last night, i'm going to blame the drugs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete265 wrote:
Yeh cheers, it's totally clear don't know how it caused such confusion in my game last night, i'm going to blame the drugs!

So you're the Callidus Assassin !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.