Subject: A charitable review. Well, as charitable as possible.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was hoping this game might involve a bit of decision making and/or impart some wilderness survival skills. Or at least be fun.

Nope.

You, as a player, are either lost in the woods, or searching for somebody who is lost, or some other variation on that. I see people have written capture the flag, or find DB Cooper variants, I doubt they add much to the non-existent game value.

The problem is that the little marker representing "you" moves randomly. You roll a die, and march off. Sometimes you are allowed to make a turn, but mostly you have to just go in a straight line. See the Session report for just how ridiculous this is. You will walk right past the food or water you need to survive.

It's more like roll the dice, watch your little idiot zombie stumble down a straight line, reduce your health, repeat. A slight change comes when you are too weak to move, then you get to just reduce health further until death.

The ONLY tiny bit of thinking you as a player ever get (and then not necessarily on every turn) is picking one of six initial directions for your zombie. Not enough strategy to challenge my cat.

Boring. Ill-Conceived. Zero fun. Zero Educational. Utterly worthless.

I could go on. But if you are the kind of person who would like to read more about how horrible this game is then you just might be the kind of person who conceivably could find some benefit in it. If so, I'll sell you my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Schultz
South Korea
USAG Humphreys - Pyeongtaek, South Korea
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike

This game I think came out when D&D, AD&D came out at least for me that is when it got played.

I forget now all the fun we had designing stuff to use the map for in our adventures.

I don't think we ever played the game per say just used the map and the basic pricinpal of getting from point to point or doing something to make our AD&D adventures more fun.

For the record I don't have my copy any more even though I have most of the "OLD" AD&D stuff for the joy of having them.

Later, Earl, SFC Schultz, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.