Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Where to buy, or anyone selling (for a reasonable price)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Auditore
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I've been looking around lately because I missed getting this when it was on sale from GW. I know there are plenty available, but I am not willing to pay a 200% markup. I would actually go up to $175 shipped, but I still think that is way too much.

I have contacted people on the market and things have fallen through or get no responses. And no stores in my area have it.

Just asking for some help to see if anyone has some other ideas on where to look to get this for a somewhat reasonable price. Or if anyone was considering selling theirs cool

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get one on Ebay used in pretty good condition for about $195 shipped and included the Battlefoam insert. This was back in December. I honestly shopped around a lot and that was about the best I could find.

There were some new / sealed copies for $230-250 but I opted for used so I'd know all the pieces were intact. You never know what you're going to get with sealed copies of a 4 year old game. I saw numerous posts of people having their original copies arrive with a broken arm or two. I just didn't want to take that risk.

Keep in mind that you're looking for a pretty rare, fairly popular game. There's a reason that the price is as high as it is. It is also very unlikely that GW will be re-printing Space Hulk in any form as they've pretty much stopped producing board games all together. Don't let anyone gouge you, but be prepared to pay pretty close to $200 for something in good / great condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geisty wrote:
I would actually go up to $175 shipped, but I still think that is way too much.

You might have to go a little higher than that. But good luck!!! It's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really a patience game, I picked up a sealed copy for $165+$20 S/H from eBay but it took weeks of bidding on all of them until one finally went through. I was also able to score a used copy in good condition for just over $100 on eBay as well (I honestly didn't think I'd ever get it at my top price, I guess no one else was paying attention that day). Just keep bidding on them and you'll get a decent price on one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize you were enquiring about the board game, but I thought I'd mention that GW is releasing this for PC and ipad this year.

http://kotaku.com/space-hulk-is-kicking-turn-based-butt-for-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have scored a really cheap win on a popular item by inadvertently misspelling the product name in the past. It probably won't work, but it might be worth a shot trying a few searches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Minivann wrote:
I have scored a really cheap win on a popular item by inadvertently misspelling the product name in the past. It probably won't work, but it might be worth a shot trying a few searches.

Nice. That's actually how I landed a good price on a bundle pack of all the Descent promo figures. It was an international auction with an English spelling error in the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soylent green
msg tools
mbmbmb
I paid $245 for a sealed copy and I don't regret it, what a fun game. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, I looked for a cheaper copy but finaly got sick of waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorbolt wrote:
I paid $245 for a sealed copy and I don't regret it, what a fun game. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, I looked for a cheaper copy but finaly got sick of waiting.

no single game worth $245, certainly not space hulk 3rd ed..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
thorbolt wrote:

no single game worth $245, certainly not space hulk 3rd ed..

Each person has to make that kind of value judgement for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just paid £40 for the complete game minus the Space Marines. Just need to find something to use as replacements. It's amazing that 12 plastic figures can bump the price up to just under £100 (if you're lucky). Ridiculous really!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vistathon wrote:
Just paid £40 for the complete game minus the Space Marines. Just need to find something to use as replacements. It's amazing that 12 plastic figures can bump the price up to just under £100 (if you're lucky). Ridiculous really!

Yeah, I tried to do a print and play version of this by creating my own tileset and cutting them out. That worked out fine, but when it came to getting suitable minis, I spent almost $100 on the figs alone (and then had to assemble them piecemeal). Mind you, this was for me second copy of the game (I already own the original and had painted it, but I wanted something to give to a friend). Undaunted by my failure to make something cheaper than the original, I ended up building a copy using 15mm Aliens and Predators as a retheme. That one turned out much better but was still about $50 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Larsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is hope for us all!

I've been on the look out for a reasonable priced copy for over a month, when a couple nights ago a newly listed copy popped up on ebay with a 'buy now' price of $150. Figs on sprue and Battlefoam inserts! I could not hit that button quick enough.

Keep looking, you'll eventually get one without having to sell your organs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Is $150 considered reasonable? :surprise:

Not in my books but you sound happy, so congrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vistathon wrote:

Is $150 considered reasonable? surprise

Not in my books but you sound happy, so congrats.

For Space Hulk? Yes.

I lucked out a few years ago and got one locally for $80 with battlefoam insert included. The minis had been primed (a bit poorly) and someone had started painting a space marine. I think that made less people interested (that and the buyer would only sell to someone if they came to the local Con to pick up the game) so it was a steal. Mind you, I had never played the game before, so I wasn't sure what I was getting...but it was totally worth it.

Now, would I pay $150 or more for SH? Having played the game and drunk the Kool-aid, yes. Yes, I would. Matter of fact, I wanted a new copy for my unborn son and I figured the game was only going to get more expensive, so I bought one for $170. That was 2 years ago, and now I have a 10 month-old boy.

YMMV, but this game has made me a favorite among my nephews. And even my wife (who hates board games) played a session with me and admitted to having enjoyed herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Larsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin, after playing a few games with the gf I would have to say I am VERY happy. I played loads of first edition in my teens, but completely missed the 3rd edition release. Glad i was able to lock this down, it's even had me thinking about resurrecting my lost talent in fig painting... for the Emperor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for this game very actively back in December 2012 and learned like everyone else that it's in high demand and low supply and to forget trying to pay under $200 easily on ebay.

However, I wonder how much demand will drop thanks to the PC game (also released on mobile platforms if I understand it correctly?)

I have just now learned of an opportunity to buy it for $130 (and know people who will drive to a gaming convention, where the dude will sell it), but at this point, 8 months later, I've found other games I've shelled tons of money at and which satisfy me more: X-Wing, Android: Netrunner and Twilight Imperium 3rd.

With Space Hulk on steam, I'm willing to wait for the 4th edition, even if it comes in 10 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.