BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Something happened to Boardgameextras.co.uk? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Lockwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some sleeves coming up to two weeks ago, which still haven't arrived. I know this is no great cause for concern, but in the past I've normally received them within a couple of days. Looking at their Facebook page, there's a few postings claiming they have been waiting weeks for orders...

Just hope everything is OK, they've always provided a good reliable service previously. Does anyone have any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - things aren't looking good :

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/928935/some-retail-experienc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sorry to say that both my wife and I have been struggling with illness over the last couple of weeks, while one of my friends has kindly stepped in to get some orders out the door for us, it has resulted in a backlog in emails.
Stephen, looking at your order those sleeves are on preorder and we were expecting them by now and I have emailled Mayday Games for an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameExtras wrote:
Stephen, looking at your order those sleeves are on preorder and we were expecting them by now and I have emailled Mayday Games for an update.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is strange, because a couple of weeks ago, I got an unexpected packet from boardgameextras.co.uk and, I kid you not, there were a couple of Mayday chimera sleeves inside. I certainly haven't ordered any from them and I don't even know what game I would have ordered these sleeves for if I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lockwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, thanks for the update. Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Had some issues with an order going missing and struggling to get in contact with them BUT is all sorted now and they came through in the end, so hopefully things are turning back around again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadi EA
Germany
Konz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still struggling to get in contact with them, my last couple of emails regarding the order that was made almost 3 months ago, that I still haven't received, keep getting ignored. There is also another post here on BGG with users having similar problems with BoardGameExtras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sorry for the recent poor service that some of our customers have received, I have posted a press release at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/974858/a-difficult-few-m...
which gives full details of the personal difficulties we have had and where we go from here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had to wait over a week for my order. No communication or email to say that it's been dispatched. Nobody answers the phone on the website number and when I phone the other number provided by PayPal I get an unrecognised number message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another negative Boardgameextra experience.

My order never arrived
I emailed and was told it was 'lost in the post'. I was asked to confirm my address
I did so and heard nothing
Emailed again and was asked if I wanted a refund
I said 'yes' and heard nothing

I either want my original order... Or a refund... I'm posting here in the hope of getting some action because I feel I've been scammed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that Andrew Wood is away (on holiday?) at the moment as I am awaiting an item that was shown wrongly as in stock and he emailed me (about a week ago) to say he would sort it out on his return in a couple of weeks.

If it's any consolation, I'm having the same problem getting a refund processed from the usually very reliable customer service of IGUK which I am very surprised about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin hirst
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Placed an order last week.

Arrived complete and on time.

Never had any problems.

Always had excellent customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt I'll be using BoardGameExtras again.

A while back I ordered some stuff (plain meeples and some heart beads my friend wanted to pimp her copy of Love Letter with). It never arrived and was told that it was lost in the post and refunded through PayPal. I kind of needed the plain meeples urgently so re-ordered the same stuff. It never arrived and was told that it was lost in the post. Again, refunded through PayPal. I don't believe both packages were lost in the post. I believe they were out of stock and just fobbing customers off.

I looked at their Ebay feedback and there were lots of customers leaving negative feedback about stuff never arriving (incidentally for the same game expansion). BoardGameExtras response was for each one that it must have been lost in the post. Code for - it was never in stock but we don't want to admit that.

This is a pretty crappy thing to do because some gamers have an allegience to gaming sites and will just accept the loss if of a low value or just not know how to make a PayPal claim and be out of pocket.

Stupidly, I ordered a third thing from them. It never arrived. I was told it was lost in the post and that I would be refunded. I looked in my PayPal account and there was no refund but guessed it was refunded to my bank account (I never keep much money in my PayPal account and when you make a part payment from PayPal with the remainder being funded from your bank then refunds go to your bank and not PayPal.) Later on, checking my bank account I see there is no refund from them. So I open a claim with PayPal and explain in the notes what the situation is. BoardGameExtras didn't even bother responding to the dispute.

I wonder how much of customers' money BoardGameExtras has from items paid fro but never posted and promised refunds never given?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from this site on numerous occasions and never had a problem. This and GamesLore are my go-to online retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered bits and pieces from BGE on occasion, and I've never had issues with them. Their shipping price across the water is pretty friendly. Not as fast as Games Lore's airmail, but even that takes 6-8 days because our local postal service is so awful.

Their neatly organised LCG pages makes it easy to do a monthly order of expansions too. If I'm looking for just one little pack it's cheaper than GL. Great when I don't want to force myself to buy two things just to stomach shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.