Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jim
United Kingdom
Kendal
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a situation

1. The sorcerer has run away after transforming into an eagle. He starts his next turn flying and landing in an adjacent hex. The dice roll causes him to land in a clearing not connected to the borderlands, or is trapped in a clearing which is not connected to another hex. Is the sorcerer committed to keep trying to fly and hope he lands in a clearing? What if that character was a non-magic using character and has no way of getting back to a connected clearing?

Any thoughts? My instinct about the nature of this game is that it's just too bad and the character is done for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Walsh
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hoc Spatium Mercede
badge
This is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having transformed into an eagle the first time the Sorcerer will resume the form of an eagle each time the Transform spell is energized with purple magic. (Assuming the spell was not broken for some reason.) He can use a few phases to rest and enchant, become an eagle and fly to another part of the realm. Alternatively he could probably enchant the hex in order to change the pathways and create a route out of the hex that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jim
United Kingdom
Kendal
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That pretty much what I thought, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In multiplayer MR this is a potential and occassionaly used strategy for magic characters, to enchant tiles (usually Woods) and trap non-magic users in isolated clearings. This can effectively knock them out of the game or be a tool for negotiation.

As Pete points out, in your case the Sorceror is free to enchant the tile if it changes the pathways in a way which will let him back out or can re-energise the Transform and fly back out.....I might sometimes do this and fly straight back in other circumstances if I'm trying to hit a specific roadway, in a Valley, for example.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a non-spellcaster needs to be a little careful about where he flies using the Flying Carpet or his controlled flying dragon. It also occurs to me that Broomstick or Hurricane Winds could be used to try a mean trick on another character. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.