Subject: iOS 7 Wonders ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Gillespie
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Has there been any news on an iOS version of this game? I know at one point there was a planned release and we got a Companion app. is this the only thing we are getting for 7 Wonders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osoroshii wrote:
Has there been any news on an iOS version of this game? I know at one point there was a planned release and we got a Companion app. is this the only thing we are getting for 7 Wonders?
None that I know of.... Alas, all I've heard was they want to do their own official version of a scoring app/randomizer and did just that (they may have qualms about other apps that do this, but AFAIK, there's not enough legal grounds to go after them). I've never heard of ANY news of rumors that they were gonna do an iOS version.

Closest thing is 7W via BSW.com, and there is a version of 7W that WAS for Android, but got pulled since the dev didn't have permission to use the IP nor artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Charles,

7 Wonders for iOS is under development. No release date for now, but I know my publisher take the time to do things right I am waiting for an alpha version in a few months...

Antoine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Hi Charles,

7 Wonders for iOS is under development. No release date for now, but I know my publisher take the time to do things right I am waiting for an alpha version in a few months...

Antoine

This is one of the most exciting things I've heard in a long time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
toinito wrote:
Hi Charles,

Antoine

Or disappointing Few months until alpha?!?

But thanks got reply ... 7 Wonders is one of my fave games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
toinito wrote:
Hi Charles,

Antoine

Or disappointing Few months until alpha?!?

But thanks got reply ... 7 Wonders is one of my fave games!
Trust me, from past experiences with other endeavers like this, if the app si any good, then it'll be worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard L
Australia
Woy Woy
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Hi Charles,

Antoine

Thanks for the update Antoine. I love seeing developers on BGG responding to questions about their games. thumbsup

BTW, we love 7 Wonders and just got Hanabi the other day and planning to get it to the table this weekend!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Gillespie
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply Antoine, if the companion app is an indicator of the quality the full game it will be worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7W on iOS would be brilliant I play online on BSW when I can, but it would be great to play a quick game and not have to have an internet connection, or have to find random players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osoroshii wrote:
Thanks for the reply Antoine, if the companion app is an indicator of the quality the full game it will be worth the wait.

Yes, I'm quite happy with the Companion App quality so I have high hopes for the game itself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex devito
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Any chance of a PC release, maybe on steam? I'd love to have online match making and global leaderboards, mabye even daily tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
6element
msg tools
mb
BSW works fine as a PC version. It's free, has a leaderboard and there are people playing pretty much all the time. It'd be sad if "more official" PC version will replace it - when such a thing happened with Dominion people lost their ratings.

I'm more curious about an Android version. Somehow I got impression that there was a chance of turning an "illegal" version from the last year into a legal one. Hopefully it may still be happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
United Kingdom
Wisbech
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would fear for my free time if this was released on iOS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6element wrote:
BSW works fine as a PC version. It's free, has a leaderboard and there are people playing pretty much all the time. It'd be sad if "more official" PC version will replace it - when such a thing happened with Dominion people lost their ratings.
AFAIK, BSW doesn't have expansions. Then again, there's no garauntee they'll become available on iOS either, but at least iOS tends to be better about that.

And it's still not the same thing.... BSW doesn't have offline play vs. AI players. Also, what happened with Dominion will likely happen with 7W... when the iOS version nears completion, the devs will likely ask BSW to shut down 7W so they won't have to compete with that version, just like how Goko asked Isotropic to shut down when they implemented their version of Dom.

6element wrote:
I'm more curious about an Android version. Somehow I got impression that there was a chance of turning an "illegal" version from the last year into a legal one. Hopefully it may still be happening?
I really did like that version. The AI was beating me a fair share of the time (well, it's more prominent when you're going up against 4 to 5 of them at once), the interface was intuitive enough for someone who's played the game before, and the things that a digital implementation does for you is always welcome. I wish the dev made a way to release it like Androminion ended up... at least it may have still been around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
Hi Antoine,

So cool that you guys check these forums. I absolutely love the app and I have 70+ games with friends on there now. We are huge fans of the stat tracking and love being very competitive about it.

This might not be the best place to mention this but, my group has been racking up a wishlist of features for the app:

1. The ability to exclude certain games or pick specific games to compare. (Ex. I want to compare all the times I play with Billy, but not count wins where he is not in the game. Or only count games since we added the leader expansion)
2. Ability to compare stats between players (Ex. Allow you to select certain players and have clustered bar charts with points in each category or win rates)
3. Stats on % success based on wonder boards (Ex. What % of time do I win with Gizah B)
4. This one is probably a stretch but...downloadable data sets to be able to run other statistical tests... (ideally in excel/SPSS)

That's all i can remember from the top of my head...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.