Hide
4 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New player - How many army figures can you have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Varok Saurfang
msg tools
Hello I have not recently played this game since yesterday and curious as to how many plastic army figures I can have at a given time? This is what happened yesterday - I was playing as the Russians, had two normal figures and my special figure. But when I attempted to place a fourth army figure, my friend told me I could not do that. He did not specify why either, being new to the game I could only accept this. Could someone please clarify for this for me? :3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have as many plastic figures as are available. So for most nations, you can have 6 army figures (which is all that are available in each color) while the Russians can have 7 because they get the extra white one.

Your friend may have been confused perhaps by the stacking limit, which is how many figures you are allowed to have in one space at a time. This normally starts at 2 for most nations, but I believe the Russians have a stacking limit of 3. Certain technologies will raise this limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Varok Saurfang
msg tools
Thank you very much for this clarification >

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
You can have as many plastic figures as are available. So for most nations, you can have 6 army figures (which is all that are available in each color) while the Russians can have 7 because they get the extra white one.

Your friend may have been confused perhaps by the stacking limit, which is how many figures you are allowed to have in one space at a time. This normally starts at 2 for most nations, but I believe the Russians have a stacking limit of 3. Certain technologies will raise this limit.

Just clarifying that by "one space" he means one square, not one title(the flipped map card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.