Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

1805: Sea of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: Thank you rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I'd like to, in this very place, thank Mr Doane for doing wonderful job of implementing one of the best Vassal modules I've ever seen. I mean -- wow, all right, I played Twilight Struggle where it all does this and that but this is not Twilight Struggle but an obscure game on an obscure conflict but the module is simply A WE SO ME. Awesome, I mean it. It is elegant, functional and ... man, it's just the best.

Thank you!
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I'd like to, in this very place, thank Mr Doane for doing wonderful job of implementing one of the best Vassal modules I've ever seen. I mean -- wow, all right, I played Twilight Struggle where it all does this and that but this is not Twilight Struggle but an obscure game on an obscure conflict but the module is simply A WE SO ME. Awesome, I mean it. It is elegant, functional and ... man, it's just the best.

Thank you!


I second that! Well done, Rob!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww, thanks guys! I really appreciate the kind words. Without trying to toot my own horn much, I will say that of all the modules I have created, I am most proud of 1805. I'm glad that others are enjoying it too.

That being said, there are still a few minor bugs with it and some other things that need to be improved. It's on my list of projects to revisit so look for an update soon!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistmatz Mistmatz
msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I've been playing with the vassal module a little bit and was surprised to see how much is actually automated (e.g. flipping initiative at the first initiative chit). Well done indeed.

There is one flaw I found though. If you use the context menu (RMB) to move sunk French ships to the VP or prize boxes they appear in the wrong box. The prize and sunk box are basically swapped, but this is only true for one side (I believe it's for the French sunk/prices.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you use the context menu (RMB) to move sunk French ships to the VP or prize boxes they appear in the wrong box.


I think that was something I fixed in a previous version of the module. Are you using v1.8? I just tried it and it sent them to the right place.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistmatz Mistmatz
msg tools
mb
It happens for me with module version 1.8 and Vassal version 3.2.2

I think there is a newer vassal version out, but it seems weird that it would be dependent on that...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
Mistmatz wrote:
I think there is a newer vassal version out, but it seems weird that it would be dependent on that...


Not very weird, let me say. Twilight Struggle module works fine with older versions (prior to 3.2.x) whilst with new Vassal players can't deal out cards and other strange things happen. So, yeah, it may depend on that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.