United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this a bit rules lawyer-y, but the ruling decided our game last night so I figured I'd ask. And then I thought of a 2nd related question so I'll toss 'em together.

I don't have the game in front of me or a good memory.

The space that connects to the Warp Game says you can spend the rest of your movement to move into the Gate. If you LAND on that space, can you spend the rest of your zero remaining movement to move onto the Gate? Or would you have to wait until your next turn and spend it all to move in?

I said I think you have to HAVE something to SPEND it. But I could see an argument for either.

Sort of related question: There's a relic that says you don't have to move up to your maximum. I assume that means you can stay in your space if you so desire? (This one I feel much better about it being "yes.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read, majority opinion seems to be you need at least 1 leftover to jump to the Inner Tier this turn. However, since you can use the Guardian of the Rift's text at the start of your movement (as per the rulebook), it'll cost you one turn, if that.

I wouldn't allow Ancient Orrery using character to move 0. It says something to the effect that you don't have to spend all your movement points, but like with the first part, spending 0 isn't spending in my book. However, it is still an awesome relic for levelling up really, really fast, just hop between a 2 and a 3 threat spaces on the middle tier to draw 2+ cards every turn. You'll rack up trophies like nobody's business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

You're right that it won't ever lose you more than 1 turn. In the game with my wife, however, we ruled she couldn't move in and then I moved in on my next turn. We would have both made it to the end (probably), so that one turn was game-deciding.

With the relic, though, I guess I'll need to go find the exact text. If it implies that you HAVE to spend SOME movement, then yeah I'd go with no 0s. Just not sure that's what it does... You're not wrong about how awesome it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rice
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:

Sort of related question: There's a relic that says you don't have to move up to your maximum. I assume that means you can stay in your space if you so desire? (This one I feel much better about it being "yes.")

On p8 the rules state "During the Movement Phase, the active player must move to a new space. He cannot remain on his space, even if it contains a Threat card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.