Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: English edition
You may want to change the title of the thread to "English edition?" to avoid making people think you're announcing the English edition here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we ever see an English edition of this game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, we don't know. We are in touch with some US publishers, but no decisions have been made until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bayu
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want the english version please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would buy and English version if it's ever produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not until now, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crossett
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please publish an english edition - I had no idea about this game until now. The Dwarves books were a great series - would love to play this game set in that world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Jesionowski
Poland
Trójmiasto - TriCity
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, maybe we can have english rulebook, if the game would not be published?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still some chances that an English version will be published in 2014. So please be patient, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Andre! Please keep us informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Bayu
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no news about an English edition??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Lutz Ramos
Brazil
Canoas
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, translate this game and take my money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go guys

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pegasusspiele/the-dwarv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news! But the publisher took some very weird decisions. You need to buy an expansion to replace cubes with meeples?! Why not set this up as a stretch goal to improve the components in every copy of the game? They have four new plastic miniatures, but three of them apparently are just markers that could be cubes or tokens. Since the real cost of miniatures is in the molds and there are exactly three types of enemies, why didn't they choose to make miniatures for the enemies instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
That's great news! But the publisher took some very weird decisions. You need to buy an expansion to replace cubes with meeples?! Why not set this up as a stretch goal to improve the components in every copy of the game? They have four new plastic miniatures, but three of them apparently are just markers that could be cubes or tokens. Since the real cost of miniatures is in the molds and there are exactly three types of enemies, why didn't they choose to make miniatures for the enemies instead?

I don't think you can buy the base game without the expansion so I don't know if you really "need to buy the expansion". It seems more like "you may buy the expansion by itself" if you have the base game or will purchase the base game at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
I don't think you can buy the base game without the expansion so I don't know if you really "need to buy the expansion".

See the "Basic Quest" pledge level. You still need to buy the expansion ("Early Bird Quest" or "Hero Quest" pledges) if you want the upgraded components - or stretch goals, for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

We didn't want to force the expansion on anyone. Maybe someone is happy with cubes or doesn't want to spend so much now. So you have a choice. You can buy the base game - in English for the first time ever. You can also buy the previously released German expansions in English! AND the new duel card game (with an expansion for the base game).

AND if you feel that this still isn't enough, you can pimp your game with the Saga Expansion. Replace dreary cubes with nice meeples and dreary tokens with nice miniatures PLUS new adventures AND stretch goals.

We really hope you like this approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer, Benjamin! But whether I like this approach or not, the fact is that I can't get the game or the expansion via Kickstarter because it "only ships to certain countries". Will the expansion be available at retail? And will the game and expansion be released in the United States?

Anyway, I still think you should have gone with two different versions of the game (and maybe offered an upgrade kit for those who already own it), because buyers who want the better components will have to pay for a board and cubes that they will never use. And people who just want the new gameplay content from the expansion will also have to pay for the upgraded components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.