Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Ravelo
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now, I know that the Combat Phase occurs during a players turn as an action. My question is about Instants that attack players during the event phase. When an Instant attacks a player and a player chooses units to defend against the attack, is that considered going into a combat phase?

Example: (Solo play of the Cataclysm Scenario) Army of the Possessed (First player chooses who it attacks, strength is equal to 6 + number of players) is drawn on the event phase and it attacks my home realm. It will attack for 7 damage and I choose to block it with two Warlock Chieftains and a Berserker to neutralize all the damage.

If this is considered a combat phase, then I would be able to use Warlock Chieftain's End of Combat ability to put them on top of my deck, correct? But if it isn't considered a combat phase then I'm assuming you just would just discard after applying the damages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
daewezzy wrote:
Now, I know that the Combat Phase occurs during a players turn as an action. My question is about Instants that attack players during the event phase. When an Instant attacks a player and a player chooses units to defend against the attack, is that considered going into a combat phase?

Example: (Solo play of the Cataclysm Scenario) Army of the Possessed (First player chooses who it attacks, strength is equal to 6 + number of players) is drawn on the event phase and it attacks my home realm. It will attack for 7 damage and I choose to block it with two Warlock Chieftains and a Berserker to neutralize all the damage.

If this is considered a combat phase, then I would be able to use Warlock Chieftain's End of Combat ability to put them on top of my deck, correct? But if it isn't considered a combat phase then I'm assuming you just would just discard after applying the damages?

Yes of course.
Combat phase is situational. It does not occur every time during a player's turn. It only happens during combat.
So, if a combat happens, then the player(s) participates enter the combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ravelo
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clearing this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.