Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I'm posting in the wrong spot, please let me know.

I am trying to find out how much it cost to ship a 5-pound game to Canada from the US. I used the tool here (https://www.usps.com/ship/customs-forms.htm) and got a price of $38. That's outrageous! Almost $8/lb! I was expecting more like $4/lb.

Do you know how much it should actually cost or a better way for me to find the price? Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
$38 sounds about right for 5 pounds... once you go over a certain weight shipping to Canada is high

also USPS is still probably best bet even if you find UPS or FEDEX to be cheaper as those two usually charge your recipient large custom fees and such, see

WARNING!!! NEVER USE UPS TO SHIP TO CANADA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a bummer. I've only ever shipped one thing to Canda before, and that was quite a few years ago. It took almost 3 weeks to arive, but I don't remember it costing so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get it under 4 lbs, it can go First Class, but once it's over 4 lbs, it's Priority, and the price jumps up. If it's small and heavy, you may be able to use the small flat rate box, but even those are $19.95 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
That's a bummer. I've only ever shipped one thing to Canda before, and that was quite a few years ago. It took almost 3 weeks to arive, but I don't remember it costing so much.

They don't have a cheap and slow option anymore, just Priority over 4 lbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Briggs
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are close to a border town some businesses on the US side for a fee allow Canadians to ship products to them and then you plan a trip across to pick up the item(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.