United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you handle the following?

Panzer IV

Orders: Drive Fast. Snap Fire Coaxial machinegun at closest target. Snap Fire Bow Machinegun at second closest target.

Do you completely move the tank its full movement and then do the snap fires?

Or do you do the snap fires anytime during the german's movement? How do you determine this? Do you just make a decision on when to fire?

I always thought you followed the orders strictly to the letter, so the tank would move all its FAST movement, then do its fires. But that doesn't seem realistic.

Second Scenario:

Same tank..
It pulls up to a Stone wall, which the rules say are 4 feet high. Same order as above.. Is it at all possible for the BOW machinegun to fire? I would think it is blocked by the 4 foot stone wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rule is you do as much as you can consistent with the crew abilties and the situation in the order listed. So, for example, if there are sufficient crew, the tank would drive fast, fire the coax and then fire the bow machinegun. On the other hand, if a crew casualty had occurred then the tank might just drive fast and fire the coax. If sufficiently shot up, the tank might just drive fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth,

Right, but does that tank get the snap fire during ANY point of its FAST movement, or just when it has finished expending its movement points?

Billy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Henckel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not according to the rules, no.
(and I'm usually happy about it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so how about my second scenario?

I'm going to say the 4 foot high stone wall blocks the Bow machinegun...

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Henckel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any of the expansions, so I wouldn't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: German orders and 4 ft. wall
Hi, the Pz.IV height was 8.79 ft.
The Bow machinegun was, I'd say, 4.5 ft. off the ground, so I actually doubt it would blocked by the wall.
Being a solitaire game, I'd say roll a die wethever you came up with a situation like this one, even, it can shoot (a slighty lower/damaged wall, a terrain mound or wathever) on a odd, it's blocked (terrain depression, wrong angle, etc.)

Just have fun!!

All the best
Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.