GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm looking for anyone interested in playing board games in Owosso, MI. Many of my fellow gamers have moved and now there are only 2-3 of us that can play. I don't care if your new to board games or how much experience you have. I don't mind explaining rules.

I am able to play Friday-Monday at will (I'm a college student) and can host the game nights at my apartment. I'ld prefer Friday or Saturday for game nights but would do what works best for the group

My and the 2 or so friends I have still around who play are all really laid back. We like to win, but don't argue that much about rules or anything.

-The games me and my roommate would probably like play the most are Descent 2nd edition, munchkin, game of thrones, and shadows over camolet. I am also getting many new games within the week though.

---I have a okay size collection of games (check my collection) ranging from war games (axis allies, memoir 44) card games (magic, Dominion, Legendary) and many others (shadows over camolet, descent 1st&2nd, settlers of catan).

---Also I am literary getting about 8 new games within the week Dominant species, earth reborn, eclipse, and zombicide to name a few. These I would obviously be new too and would need a play through or two so I could get them down.

---I'm also fine with playing any games other people may bring or the group has which I don't own.

Just post or message me if you would like to join or have any questions!
-Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not Owosso, but Lansing isn't too far away and there is a monthly game group that meets there once a month: http://lansingboardgamers.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
are you sure that monthly game group doesn't meet once a week?

Sorry, I don't want to be mean, but I couldn't resist myself.

I'm not even sure why I'm here...oh yeah, to give directions to my place so we can play together. If you leave now, I can make myself available for Thursday afternoon.

http://goo.gl/maps/sgKok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll check out the lansing group thanks for the info. I might be able to check it out there next session. I still wouldn't mind finding players for a small group (4-8) to play random games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lansing group is full of awesome people so you're in good hands there.

Seems I'm always on the other side of groups I go to than people who need home-players. Oh well!

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've checked their site a bit. Does that lansing group just bring a few games and people play them or people bring their own games and see who wants to play?

I plan on checking it out though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Filbert13 wrote:
I've checked their site a bit. Does that lansing group just bring a few games and people play them or people bring their own games and see who wants to play?

I plan on checking it out though.

Bring their own and see who'll play what. There's a yahoo group to plan ahead, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Webster
United States
Owosso
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, all you had to do was ask! laugh

I' m right here in the hometown of James Oliver Curwood and have been jonesing for a game group. Norm, over at the hobby shop on Ball Street has said that he'd love to have players in his shop any night he's open. His collection is quite extensive (just ask for a peak in the back) and I'd love to convince him to set up a summer long Formula De circuit.

Anyhow, give me about a month to get our oldest graduated from Owosso High and we can talk. I'm willing to play pretty much anything out there with the possible exception of judging party games like Apples To Apples or In A Pickle. My tastes vary widely from wargamers to miniatures to (current phase) Euro games. I might even convince our son to join me.

...and I too will investigate the Lansing group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Caffery
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I live in owosso and really wanting to play some axis and allies and settlers really bad!
417-761-2179

There aren't enough gamers around anymore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Caffery
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I work from home and am available 24/7 too
Really want to group up with some serious/fun gamers

Especially love strategy games and card games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Perri
United States
Durand
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! I live in Durand Mi and we have a group of 5-6 people who meet for game nights about once a month. We usually play saturday nights from 8p-3a. Sometimes we only have 4 people come out so we could use some more gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Webster
United States
Owosso
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When and where, Joe? When and where? And please don't say this Saturday (Feb 1) as I'm going to the Owosso K of C's Trivia Night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reynai Nastrom

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If people in the area are still looking for a group, there's a group that meets in Lansing every Sunday afternoon for about 8 hours at the game store at Creyts and Saginaw, Evolution Games, at about 1-2pm. Everyone brings in a bunch of different card and board games, and we play whatever we feel like. The Battlestar Galactica board game is one that gets a fair bit of play when we have 5-6 players, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I do a thing in Flint a couple Wednesdays a month. Small, but fun.

www.facebook.com/GameSpaceFlint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.