Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
after my first experience in LCG's with Lord of the Rings, I love this kind of boardgaming very much, the next LCG I like to get is this star wars game. I watched FFG tutorial on this game and I see it takes two people to play. But I bet that I can play both sides of the force

Card games should be simple to learn and easy to set up, play and clean up afterwards, not like those actual boardgame where you have so much clutter to organize and put back after you are done from playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no. there is blind bluffing and tons of tactical decisions. playing both sides would probably be pretty awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
no. there is blind bluffing and tons of tactical decisions. playing both sides would probably be pretty awful.

agreed - unless you randomly assigned an equal number of cards to the edge battle and let the force decide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to a solo variant that was made.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86606/solo-variant-for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
Here is a link to a solo variant that was made.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86606/solo-variant-for...

Thanks for the link to the solo variant. This game can be played solitaire with some amendments to mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abraham
Canada
flag msg tools
I think this is more competitive, like Android Netrunner rather than Lord of the Rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I allso think that this is competative game and not very well suited for solo. You can learn the rules, but the tension is not guite there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
I allso think that thos is competative game and not very well suited for solo. You can learn the rules, but the tension is not guite there.

Try playing the solo variant first and then come back at say whether it has tension. For me it plays really well solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.