Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I just played this for the first time online at board game arena and while i thought it was a great game and had a lot of fun i think i will have to pick up the table top version (my preferred method of play for any game) I kept getting messed up by the term energy I really wish it was called element if anything i for some reason associated energy with the crystals and this messed me up a few times with cards a played which of course online you can't take back anyway still thought it was a fun game just needed a quick rant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We mixed them up during the first games, but once you can reconize each card from it's picture (or at least what it does), you know straight away if it uses energy or cristals.

After a few games, we often also use other words (VP's for cristals, or mana for energy, etc. People do the association easily after a few games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan GUMUS
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jessiah wrote:
I just played this for the first time online at board game arena and while i thought it was a great game and had a lot of fun i think i will have to pick up the table top version (my preferred method of play for any game) I kept getting messed up by the term energy I really wish it was called element if anything i for some reason associated energy with the crystals and this messed me up a few times with cards a played which of course online you can't take back anyway still thought it was a fun game just needed a quick rant

We also thought same thing with our gaming group. Element better suits there. I still find myself saying element to energy during our gaming sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't everyone say "Mana"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I always call them energies, but I always use ''points'' instead of cristals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowden Wyatt
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Joe Lansdale Rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
My only problem with the energy symbols/tokens is the color choice for Air and Fire. Red seems more appropriate for fire while Air is sort of neutral (and thus could be yellow). And yes, I know most fire burns sort of yellow-ish, but red just seems more like fire to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignas Orlovas
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My theory is that maybe they gave fire (which is mostly produced in summer) yellow, because it is brighter than autumn, and red kinda represents the color of falling leaves affected by wind - that is air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gagnon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Graphic Designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything said in that post is true.

I am always confused by the color of Air energy. IMO red would have been better for fire and yellow for air.

Crystal confuse me too and I aleays use the term Victory Point

I aleays use element to talk about energy.

Never been as agree with a post than I am with thi one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PoVisko wrote:
My theory is that maybe they gave fire (which is mostly produced in summer) yellow, because it is brighter than autumn, and red kinda represents the color of falling leaves affected by wind - that is air.

They should have made the fire red and autumn (the feather) brown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Hedges
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Winter should have been white, and air should have been blue.

The end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also initially confused by the colours, but from reading the comments here:http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78563/rules-english-from-l..., it made a lot more sense to me:

Siegfried wrote:
You're not the first to ask me why "fire" is yellow...

But in my mind when I creat the game i though to :

Winter = Blue
Sping = Green
Summer = Yellow (wheat fields, the sun ...)
Fall = Red (fallen leaves)

I'm not saying it was the best choice, but it was mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.