Seb Waldschrat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I've just finished a new fanmade Expansion.
Space Alert - technical manual

It contains some rulechanges (improved shields, level 4-6 for specializations of crewmembers, which are already discussed here in other threads, thx for this ideas) and a complete new mechanism: a ship-upgrade-system, which is infact an experience system for your ship. There is also a new role in the crew: the shipengineerer.

I'm looking forward your comments. What do you like, what do you dislike? What works? What not? Are their any mistakes?

The problem is my english isn't that good, that I could write good story texts between the rules and I wouldn't be sure if I would express myself the correct way, so that the rules are clear.

So the point is: It is finished and ready for discussion, but only in german. So I'm searching for someone who is willingly to translate this. Either someone who is good enough in both languages or someone who is just good enough in english - the rest I would explain and send it through google translate.
That would work too.

Here's are all the files (31,5 MB):
www.oberhaupt.org/Data/SpaceAlert_Addon_TM.zip

Afterwards I'll layout the english version and put it online.

When comments are done/implemented, I'll put the files (english and german version online on boardgamegeek).

Greeting
Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could translate in English
I don't know how much time I have in the next week, but I will try to do a bit.
It sounds Interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Shields are offline.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like an amazing project. Once it's in English, I'd be happy to help edit, if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb Waldschrat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Ok - than let's hit the road.

Who is willingly to join the translation find the work here split up in little pieces.

http://openetherpad.org/space-alert-technical-manual

Everything is explainend there.

I'll check often to see if there are questions or anthing else and try to help, as much as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb Waldschrat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
As far as I can see, there was done a little bit. But it is not going anymore... so if anyone is interested in helping with the translation - drop me a message I'll be there.

sycer@web.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi !
Once it is ok in english, I would be happy to translate it in French.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre lake
Canada
flag msg tools
Is the project dead ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb Waldschrat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
seems so … ohh I was'nt online for long here. Sorry guys.

If someone is interested to translate the expansion I'm still in for doing the editing und layouting stuff.

if you want to contact me - send me an email to sycer@gmx.de – then I'll answer quicker.

here a new link to the stuff (now on my own server - hopefully that lasts longer >=)):
www.oberhaupt.org/Data/SpaceAlert_Addon_TM.zip
(31,5 MB) - still mainly german >=)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for last time, hadn't that much time and then totally forgot about it.
I'm currently translating all rule text. If I'm still interested I will translate the flavour text after that too, maybe whistle

But I have some questions
with the advanced experience system
if you are level 6 may you change the basic skill card too?
So do you get the function of all levels or just 6? I would say all Levels, but as it is written now, it seems only the current.

Also I don't get the trade rules. As it is now you can change any skill with any other, right?

Do you round points for visual confirmation down or up?
In the pdf it is up, but on the log it's down

So also some bad wording in the german rule: WennWer eine Expertenkarte gegen eine Basiskarte getauscht hat, kann man nicht mehr eine Expertenkarte ertauschen. sich keine Expertenkarte mehr ertauschen.
I found some more similar wordings witch you should change, should I write them in the same file?

BTW really awesome work done here, with the graphics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So finished
please can someone look over it?
Specially the flavour texts, as I'm not a native speaker.

Also I think we should open a new Thread were we can discuss about testing and balancing. But maybe we should wait for the finished PDF first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n24fhqp5rcrqlkg/AuszugTexte_SA-tec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb Waldschrat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
No Problem.

Yes meant is the functions of all levels. I've clarified that.

The trade rules mean, that you are allowed to change TO a level 4,5 or 6 Skill. As written in the example. Or do you have an idea how to make that clearer?

Thanks for the mistake with the visual confirmation.
It should be rounded up. Changed it.

Yeah - If you have suggestions for the german version too, it would be wonderful.

Thanks for the compliment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With trading, I meant the rules for basic and advanced card
You can trade an advanced card with both, but a basic only with basic. But as you can trade a advanced with a basic, you can also trade a basic with an advanced.
Also you should link the other thread here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning B
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
The Penguin Always Knocks Twice - Walter Moers
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this looks super professional! Thanks for creating and sharing thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.