Hide
4 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Missile, post 1.5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bernard
msg tools
I just read through the errata (1.5) and noticed they changed the text on Missile. It previously read:
"Missile X - This ability allows the model to attack an enemy up to X squares away, as long as the model is not adjacent to an enemy model. In addition, a model making a Missile attack must use their DEX attribute when attacking. A model may use any of its abilities or special actions using Missile X, unless specified otherwise."

Now it reads:
"Missile X - A model with Missile X may target a model up to X squares away. If a model is making an attack using Missile X they must use their DEX attribute when making their attack roll, unless specified otherwise."
I wonder if they left the "as long as the model is not adjacent to an enemy model." out on purpose or if this was an oversight.
I'm partial to flingers, I hope it was deliberate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyde_not_hiding wrote:
I just read through the errata (1.5) and noticed they changed the text on Missile. It previously read:
"Missile X - This ability allows the model to attack an enemy up to X squares away, as long as the model is not adjacent to an enemy model. In addition, a model making a Missile attack must use their DEX attribute when attacking. A model may use any of its abilities or special actions using Missile X, unless specified otherwise."

Now it reads:
"Missile X - A model with Missile X may target a model up to X squares away. If a model is making an attack using Missile X they must use their DEX attribute when making their attack roll, unless specified otherwise."
I wonder if they left the "as long as the model is not adjacent to an enemy model." out on purpose or if this was an oversight.
I'm partial to flingers, I hope it was deliberate...

I believe it was deliberate so as to not handicap Flingers, the Glimmerdisk Ranger etc. It now allows you to use your dex attack when next to an enemy rather than having to use a melee attack which is usually a lot weaker for these characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was intentional. Missle now works like the other range abilities with no restriction to adjacent attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of Legolas from LotR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.