Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
hi, i'm thinking of buying Puerto Rico, i thought i already ordered it from a store but i discovered i didn't so before ordering again i thought it will be better firstly to check if it's for me. i ead little about it and it seems alright for me. what i worried about is, does it worth buying that game if most of the times i'll play two players? i'll somtimes play 3-5 but still, i have many doubts because i'll play much more with 2 players. anyone have commets?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RB
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely plays a bit different with two, but I love it. It is one of the rare games that plays equally well with any number of players from 2 to 5, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my PR-games were 2player and played very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
thanks for such a fast replay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice thing about PR for 2 players is that there are some great variants to really give your brain a workout.

My favorite is where each player plays 2 boards and you play just like a 4-player game, alternating between players.

When you score, you only score the points for the weaker of your two boards. You must balance your two boards to succeed.

This is a great way to test out different building combinations and strategies as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a lot of fun playing all the variants with 2, and then had to play all the variants with the expansion.

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is 'no' for 2-players. It just was not any fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.