(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Along the lines of a past avatar gallery for those who change avatars, would it not be nice if there was a gallery (much like the "new images" gallery) that you could blend in the BGG homepage ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's already this one: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=avatar. But that's only alphabetically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I knew that one, but as you note, it does not let you see new users or new avatars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify my intention :

I´d think such a feature would add to the overall feeling of being welcomed here when you start using the BGG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many new users have new avatars? I mean, its only a month before they lose the badge, and 30 geekgold is quite a sum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well another way it would be useful and I think part of the point Arnest is trying to make, is to have people sort of automatically get some recognition, when someone finally gets their avatar like I just did for example after 1 1/2 years. Now it is proudly on display briefly on the front page in a small window, kinda like the recent images as Arnest suggests. This is also like a congratulations of sorts, people browsing the front page can see who recently earned their avatar and what they decided to pick to use for one as well. Maybe it could be just a link on the front page as to not take up more room like: members who just recently got their avatar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is what I was thinking of. Screen estate should not be a huge problem, as we can customise our personal page...

I don´t know what would be best, just new users with an avatar or all new avatars. Possibly you could chose that too.

Poor admins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.