Popular Tags: [View All]
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the new stuff keeps on coming! Nice new feature (but maybe it's been said before): Buy This Game link in geeklists. See an interesting game in a GeekList? Click the BTG-link to see if there are some for sale in the Marketplace. Nice! thumbsup

Now to get Geekchat working for me....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
While I understand the rationale, as a user I find this is beginning to fell like buying pressure, it makes BGG closer to amazon (especially the German site, on which you can buy games as well) and leaves me with a funny aftertaste...

May be make that link smaller ?

I dunno... maybe it´s just me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
arnest_r wrote:
I dunno... maybe it´s just me...

It's not just you. We're two, at least...
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arnest_r wrote:
it makes BGG closer to amazon

I understand there that the BGG marketplace is between BGG-users, so my guess is that the intention of the marketplace is mainly "personal".

If so, I don't see that the BGG marketplace look much like Amazon. But I'm not really sure about the intention or "how it is supposed to work", since I have never used the marketplace myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tackett
United States
Salem
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zwinx wrote:
arnest_r wrote:
it makes BGG closer to amazon

I understand there that the BGG marketplace is between BGG-users, so my guess is that the intention of the marketplace is mainly "personal".

I think the original intent was personal, and for most of the older games it still seems that way. But for many of the current games, the marketplace feels dominated by commercial/semi-commercial sellers, selling the games for near on-line retail. I don't browse the marketplace that much, but when I used to, it was rare to find any real "deals", most everything was available at other online retailers, and with the chance at free shipping to boot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.