David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything was perfect. The mood was there, the stars aligned and the euphoric liquids were served.

Being the experienced elder I was the first to venture forth. My first mission was to kill an ork anywhere on the outer ring.

I decided to go THAT way and landed on some ork small camp. One single ork stormed me wearing some sort of explosive hits canceling gear. I think it was made by his mother since I definitely read on the collar "Soldered with Love".

He came at me hard, I readied my web gun and BANG! a gear fell of my elbow. The pile of green stuff just laughed and stomped me on the head. I almost lost my eyeglass.

After some rest and repairs I got my stuff and gone THIS way. Came across a frail Eldar patrol composed of 2 weird looking dudes...or dudettes...really can't tell. My awesome cunning will take care of these I say, right?

I was prepared and felt overly positive about the future but then I lost a gear from my knee. I fell in the thinker position and got beamed in the forehead.

Then a Rogue Trader stole my webgun.

Now knowing that someone was clearly playing with me I pushed my luck at the Portal. Got there and had the pleasant surprise of finding a single Eldar loner taking some kind of alien piss by a bush.

No chance to take here and my cunning must not fell me. In some passionate swing I managed to hit the Eldar right in the dome, twice just to make sure. That was enough for me to gather some insight from this fight and felt a bit better with myself.

Before getting on the road again I did a checkup of my mechanized suit, unscrewed my stuff, washed it, reinstalled, rebooted, flashed the BIOS, rebooted, installed wargear drivers, rebooted, installed wrong version, uninstalled, rebooted, installed good version, rebooted and off I was!

Next stop, OVER THERE! But oops, some huge ork warchief appeared to greet me. Didn't looked so pleased so I approached him the same way I would approach a bear: walking slowly towards him and screaming like a possessed harpy. Didn't work and got smashed right on the eyeglass.

Glad I bring another set.

Bloodied as I was there was no turning back. Got back to that damn explosive protected ork from day 1 to take my revenge. I was up and runing and spilling all kinds of juice like Hansel and Gretel would do with some bread. Hard to hide my way but who cares, i'm going down anyways.

I need to do that damn mission if I want the Emperor on my side!

But then I got both of my feet smashed in jelly.

Then I woke up in the Sanctuary and got back on me feet in no time.

Then got knocked out.

Then got knocked out.

Then got knocked out.

Then got knocked out.

Then the Rogue Trader won...and I was still looking to kill my first ork.

FIN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fan...freaking...tastic....

Really torn on getting this game, I have a love hate relationship with Talisman but the added expansions make it more enjoyable for me.... Not sure if I want to sink my teeth into an even more palpable sci-fi one that lacks the expansions yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a really good game, and the feeling and mood is different enough from Talisman.
I love the level-up system in Relic as each character has his own upgrade scale, and the Power Cards add quite a bit of strategy to the game.

It's very much a risk-management game: play to the best of your chosen character's ability, find which Power Cards aid you the most in a given situation, and which interact best with your character's talents.

It includes four fun scenarios that alter the rules of the game and spice up the end game(the fifth is a rush to the center).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a really great game if you know what you're up to. As you can see I got only bad rolls while my bro rolled 6s all over the place and most of them were when he was Rolling for enemies against me.

But it really feels like the Talisman system enchanced 2.0. Love every parts of it, from the leveling up to the diversified cards and powers. Good stuff that some toons start with some gear or power too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could stand the die-rinse-repeat gameplay in FPS games back in the day, but in a multi-hour board game, no thanks.

Nice read though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Ruys
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! I smirked and laughed a couple of times reading this, very good job.

Made me remember the memorable games I've played (and yet to play) with Relic.

It's a great game, so much fun to just play with friends, roll dice, have fun, kill stuff, and laugh wholeheartedly at eachother's misfortune.

I just can't wait for expansions to add alot more to this game.. It just feels like there is so much room for much more fun stuff , I wait eagerly.

Again, I loved the way you wrote this session, great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.