Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lee
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't there be a board, or pieces or something to Jenga?
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a late prototype of the game several times. The components were still prototype versions so I will focus on rules and gameplay, though the commercial components look fantastic.

- Setup is easy. Just drop the landing zone tile, take positions, and start exploring.

- Turns start by rolling a couple dice. One will tell you how many actions you have. The other will tell you what animals to move (advanced game). On a turn the player can use actions to move and search for useful tools.

- The object is to use your limited backpack space to collect a matching set of treasures, then get to an airlift out of the jungle.

- The game is simple, but strategy is an important part of the game. Players can send animal threats at each-other, and constantly need to balance treasures against useful supplies as they search for a matching set of treasures.

My thoughts:

This is a lighter game with broad appeal. I can play this with my non-gamer wife, and it still has enough theme and strategy to keep me interested. While it won't be my favorite game ever, I think Relic Expedition will hit the table many times.

This one is a buy for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.