Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Lott
United States
Irondale
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused about when a tower is placed in a players unplayed stack. Let's say I cause a tower to form, the other player tries to pick it up but causes a fault. Does this tower then go to me to place or does it go in his stack? If not then when is a tower placed in a players stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
If the other player causes a fault while placing a tower, then you get to place it - your side up.

The only time you get pieces back into your hand, is if you "suck" them into your hand while placing on your turn. Then your turn is over, and the pieces are kept.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rules is different. I was under the impression that more or less anytime you cause a fault, whether you take the piece in your hand or it remains on the table depends on if it was in your hand at the time of the fault. If you cause a fault and the tower is still in your hand, you take it back. If you have already placed it and lifted your hand off of it, and a fault is caused, then the other player gets to place the tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding of the rules I agree with Ryan.

Anytime that you have a disk or disks (tower) in your hand when a fault occurs you return the "in hand disks" (including any you collected) to your stack.

The classic example of this is when say black has a tower with a leaner and white causes a disk to touch the black tower. White's turn ends and any in hand pieces go to his stack.

Then black must resolve the fault involving the touching piece. Black picks up his tower, the touching piece attaches to his tower BUT the leaner inevitably falls to the table = another fault.

Black's turn ends immediately and he returns the tower to his stack.

My interpretation then is that the fallen leaner stays as a black foundation but I'm not sure on that?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes Chris, the fallen leaner would remain on the table no matter which color is facing up - it remains that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Perrien
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Sorry to jump into this so late but I just received the game today and the rules in my copy say that when a tower has been created and the player is placing it "If another Fault is created, then the Tower changes hands and is placed by the other player."

So if white causes a fault and creates a 3 disk tower, black gets to pick it up and place it; if during that placement black causes some other fault, those 3 disks are handed to white to place.

At least that's my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
perrien wrote:
Sorry to jump into this so late but I just received the game today and the rules in my copy say that when a tower has been created and the player is placing it "If another Fault is created, then the Tower changes hands and is placed by the other player."

So if white causes a fault and creates a 3 disk tower, black gets to pick it up and place it; if during that placement black causes some other fault, those 3 disks are handed to white to place.

At least that's my interpretation.

Perrien, welcome to a very enjoyable game.

One thing I have gleaned from following the form posts by the designers is this: Disks are never handed to another player. Neither would you ever pick pieces up off the table because of a fault you caused (not that you mentioned that).

When a fault has been caused, a few simple things happen. First of all, your turn is over. If you have a piece (or pieces) in your hand, they get placed in your stack. If you have already released your piece from your hand, then you no longer touch anything on the board for the remainder of this turn, your turn is over. And for the benefit of the game, everyone must learn that when they cause a reaction, they should not "overreact" themselves, and drop what's in their hand, or reach down and grab something that they dropped.

If the fault involves pieces getting sucked up into your hand, then they go back into your stack and your opponent gets to place his disk. If you cause a disk to fall on the board, then you still take back whatever is in your hand, and your opponent gets to place his disk. If you caused a disk to fall after you placed your disk, then your placement remains, and it's your opponents turn just as if it hadn't fallen. If you cause a disk to touch, you take whatever may be in your hand back into your stack, and your opponent must claim those pieces as a tower. If they lay in his color already, he may leave them as they are and simply place his disk. If the tower is on its side or in your color, then he must pick it up and place it somewhere with his color faceup.

I added a few scenarios just to illustrate these simple rules. Have fun playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.