Hide
10 Posts

Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Jeda
msg tools
Any chance of someone putting this on kickstarter for a premade version? Assuming the proper changes were made to avoid copyright issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would back it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was my thought also... Changing the graphics for the units and terrain should NOT be that hard I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can already buy a premade one from Print & Play games. I made my own, and it is fun.

EDIT: http://printplaygames.com/product/skirmish-wars-advance-tact...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leoj wrote:
Any chance of someone putting this on kickstarter for a premade version? Assuming the proper changes were made to avoid copyright issues.

I think Andrew from Rpint and Play Productions still produces a finished version of the game. I ordered one from him a couple of years back and it is a wonderful production of the game.

http://printplaygames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Jeda
msg tools
It does seem to be a bit pricey. With a Kickstarter the price could be brought down to something more reasonable (hopefully) for a full set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be opposed to it if a publisher wanted to get involved, but I don't have the time right now to spearhead such an effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Might be better to just go through Print-and-Play if you can't print one yourself. I did that and am wholly satisfied with the set I got. While I don't think that Nintendo would find out about the game and object as a result of a Kickstarter, increased publicity like that is probably not what we want for this game. You can't be too careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see that printandplay.com sells this game anymore. Is there a place I can get a nice copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Kristoffersson
Sweden
Mariestad
Vastra Gotaland
flag msg tools
I am also looking for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.