Love Letter» Forums » Variants

Subject: The Wheel of Time Retheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Long
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Most of the choices are based on the artwork done by john Seamas Gallagher. I'm also working out how to use the other characters he has drawn for alternates.
Sorry about the poor formatting, I don't know how to setup a table or anything in forum posts.

(Edit) Forgot to mention why there are characters for every card. I've seen a lot of other variants going with 1 card type being just 1 character. I decided to try going with 1 name to unify the characters I use for each card type. That's what the third detail to the side of each type is for. It seems to work really well. I've made my first try at some cards and my grandmother, who has never played the game could tell what was what. Though she has also read the books.

8 Princess Elayne Trakand The Queen
7 Courtier Lanfear The Deceiver
6 King Rand al Thor The Dragon
5 Prince Matrim Cauthon/ Perrin Aybara The Ta'veren
4 Hand Maiden Moiraine Damodred/ Nynaeve Mandragoran The Aes Sedai
3 Baron Lan Mandragoran/ Gareth Bryne The Warders
2 Priest Loial/ Thom Merrilin The Companions
1 Guard Be'lal/ Sammael/ Rahvin/ Moghedien/ Asmodean The Forsaken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really good idea for a retheme. Especially as I am nearing the end of The Lord of Chaos. Do you have any artwork for them at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it, though you should probably get away from the idea that the 8 must be a female. In WoT, Rand seems to be the one everybody is after. He should be the "princess" card. And Elayne would slot nicely into the "king" slot, being a monarch herself. Rand as the "Princess" also makes the Aes Sedai as "handmaids" make more sense the way Rand tries to boss them about. It also makes Lanfear make more sense...she was much closer to Rand than she was to Elayne. The theme would then be "who influences the Dragon to their side" and the ordering numbers-wise mostly matches who had the best chance of influencing Rand in the books.

It would be:
8 - Rand
7 - Lanfear
6 - Elayne (or possibly Egwene?)
5 - Mat/Perin
4 - Aes Sedai
3 - Lan/Gareth
2 - Loial/Thom
1 - The Forsaken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.