If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
We're affixing stickers to dice and blocks?! In the 21st century?! I assumed that Command & Colors: Ancients was referring to the theme and setting of the game... not the production quality...

What a shame. I hope GMT isn't charging more than $10, for C&C:A, due to the high-quality game components included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny. I found the cost quite reasonable and I actually enjoy putting the stickers on. I like the game and the components, and the quality (for me) is just right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Columbia block games require you to attach stickers, so C&C:A is certainly not alone in this one.

I must admit I like the dice with pre-printed symbols used in Memoir '44 better than the big heavy dice used in C&C:A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the stickers, but I was a little miffed at the thin gameboard and thin tiles.. The box is certainly strong! They should have spent the money on a higher quality gameboard instead of the box. Oh well..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hollow plastic box dice are what really sucks as far as components go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall that my first block games (AH's Napoleon and Gamma Two's (aka Columbia) Quebec and War of 1812...required no stickers at all. The symbols were etched into the blocks. I say this as I am taking a break from already spending almost 2 hours on "stickering", and still have a while to go. TEDIOUS! I just sorta feel that for a $60 retail game, it seems that I'm doing their work. Also, the map boards were mounted.

But it sure comes in the "beefiest" box I've ever seen for a game.

PS...let me add that not only am I into 2 hours here, but also 3 beers, making the task even more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.