Popular Tags: [View All]
Erwin Pauelsen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
designer
Click to view this player's page.
badge
This is simply my favorite game. Click here to view my page.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a great game with a fun strategy. Start with a House or Fishmongers, to get some money in the first rounds. Then, if the Timber trade is still available in your turn, take it and build the sawmill as soon as possible. Then you can choose the merchant easily without helping other players too much. Every time when the merchant is chosen, you can double the value of two wood, and just sell the rest of them. It will make you rich.
Besides, it's a nice combination with the sheriff. You can get many points if you get the loggers party or the block party card.

Does anyone else have found some good strategies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Syroit
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just played it once. We had a few questions about the rules but they are cleared now by Wim. I hope to play it again this weekend at Roll The Dice.

I'll keep you informed if I have found the winning strategy ... or I keep it to myself devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dielen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I played it a few times now, and every time (2, 3 and 4 players), the player with the most buildings wins.

This strategy worked best for me (2, 3 players, haven't tried 4p yet with this strategy): Buy as many houses/mansions as possible. The other players will probably go for farming actions, since you increase the amount of villagers. When you can't build anything, pick the Sheriff (schout) and buy action cards. The action cards will decrease the amount of villagers drastically, and therefore destroy all economy of the other players. When you have 1 building tile left, make sure the Land Lord (rentmeester) comes in play and gain a massive boost of points.

That's about it

tactical tip: When you see another person building houses instead of yourself, and you are no longer able to gain monopoly on houses/mansions, make an agreement with other players to buy the church, which protects villagers from all mischief from action cards. This will encourage other persons to go back to it's farming activities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.