GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Burning Suns» Forums » General

Subject: Some thoughts... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just kick funded this one. Looks like there are some really interesting mechanics. I really like the way you build your Empire out of three different 'components' (reminds me a little of Small World)

I just have a question on the counter stacks for fleets. In my experience I'm not a fan... I find them quite unwieldy to play with. I was wondering if as a stretch goal we could have click dials or something to represent the fleet strength? Or do Wizkids have the patent/monopoly on this?

I had originally thought that the die-ship minis could be used to represent fleet strength on a kind of exponential strength scale but it looks like they're just for unique units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fergus,

Thank you for your support - you're awesome!
Glad you like the empire building part of it, it has also brought a lot of great moments to the games I've played through the last many months.

A counter stacks, yea - I know not everybody is fans.
I haven't really researched the "click dials" concept, and what would be possible to do etc.

I think it'll be hard to get another system for fleet counting going for this base game. But I see it possible to maybe develop in the future. I really like developing new ideas for components in games

Thanks for sharing Fergus,
Best regards Emil, SunTzuGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becha Mel
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some ideas :

Mini WhiteBoard Stickers (and sticked on the ship bases, if any) where you can write numbers of ships ?
Mini dices enclosed in the fleet ships (same system as the unique dieShips but with smaller dices) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, thanks... I'll keep collecting ideas
I'll have to go through the options with the ones molding/cutting the pieces. In the end, the production capabilities are of course determining the frame of solutions.

Best regards Emil, SunTzuGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Rohde Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I add, that I really like the Leader Placement system.

The mechanic is know onder the name worker placement, and I think I keep seeing a new spin on this for every second eurogame coming out. To me, They lost their novelty - but then you see something like Burning Suns.

Battleships and deep space combat, with Leaders determining your actions. 4X meets worker placement. And oh boy is there some player interaction besides placement of workers? Yes... interaction with ship-munted pulse cannons.

...Troels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.